Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I recently auditioned for BIMM London and ACM (Guitar).

I got offers from both universities which is awesome. Now I am at a dilemma... Which uni do I go to? Are any of you BIMM or ACM students? Also, what made you choose your uni? Pros & cons?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Scerd)
    I recently auditioned for BIMM London and ACM (Guitar).

I got offers from both universities which is awesome. Now I am at a dilemma... Which uni do I go to? Are any of you BIMM or ACM students? Also, what made you choose your uni? Pros & cons?
    I've moved this into the Performing arts and music forum where hopefully it will get some responses - there's a lot of threads about BIMM in here

ReputationRep:
    I chose ACM, while it is annoying that you have to pay £2k a year, I found it much more enticing. Wasnt too impressed with BIMM Manchester or Brighton, seemed to be lacking something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous12399)
    I chose ACM, while it is annoying that you have to pay £2k a year, I found it much more enticing. Wasnt too impressed with BIMM Manchester or Brighton, seemed to be lacking something.
    I've chosen ACM now. I am worried about having to pay the extra 2k a year though. I'm sure that there's lots of job vacancies there that I'll be able to apply for.

The reason I chose ACM is because the tutors are really nice, they're practically your friends. Also the facilities are great, the area isnt too busy or expensive to live in; as opposed to BIMM London...

Are you a future, current or graduated student? If current or graduated, then how is/was your experience there?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a future student starting the Guitar Musician route in September

(Original post by Scerd)
    I've chosen ACM now. I am worried about having to pay the extra 2k a year though. I'm sure that there's lots of job vacancies there that I'll be able to apply for.

The reason I chose ACM is because the tutors are really nice, they're practically your friends. Also the facilities are great, the area isnt too busy or expensive to live in; as opposed to BIMM London...

Are you a future, current or graduated student? If current or graduated, then how is/was your experience there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous12399)
    Hi, I am a future student starting the Guitar Musician route in September
    If you see someone using a white Schecter or a 7-string Ibanez, then that's probably me. The audition was incredibly easy... Apparently it's hard and the spaces are limited in ACM. I'm also doing the guitar performance degree.

Just looking for a cheap house-share now, they're only about £115 for a decent room.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.