The Student Room Group

How competitive is human biology at Loughborough?

I have just put Loughborough as my firm choice and was wondering if places are competitive? I know they only take around 50 people, but I'm not too sure if many would have applied to do this course. I was also wondering whether or not they are lenient with grades? Will they still accept you if you miss by a grade?
Thanks guys
Original post by louise5467
I have just put Loughborough as my firm choice and was wondering if places are competitive? I know they only take around 50 people, but I'm not too sure if many would have applied to do this course. I was also wondering whether or not they are lenient with grades? Will they still accept you if you miss by a grade?
Thanks guys

Hi louise5467

It is pretty competitive, so the best thing to do is to aim to meet or exceed your offer.
However, if you did drop a grade you would be classed as a "near miss". This means that everyone else achieves or exceeds their grades, you would be much less likely to be oaccepted. But if there are lots of other applicants in the same position, the chances are you would be accepted. Does this make sense?
Vicky

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending