Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever been romatically interested in someone who has broke up with their S/O? watch

ReputationRep:
    And has that person reciprocated those feelings?

ReputationRep:
    No

You're welcome for the input :cute:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    No

You're welcome for the input :cute:
    To the first or second part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BatmanRH)
    To the first or second part?
    Both, and I'm sorry, I'd have hoped some serious answers would follow :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    Both, and I'm sorry, I'd have hoped some serious answers would follow :/
    Ah well, maybe later.

Yes! and it sucks!!
    my best friend and her bf broke up a few months ago (going out for 3 years) and I like him a lot! Since we went to school together we got quite close and that's when I started liking him (obviously I couldn't say anything back then). still haven't had the guts to tell him because he just sees me as a friend. It sucks even more because I met him today before he went back to uni and I had the chance to tell him but I couldn't :/

ReputationRep:
    s/o?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    s/o?
    significant other

ReputationRep:
    significant other
    oh alright, i thought it meant sister.... i'm a weird guy

ReputationRep:
    Yes and yes but his feelings were not as strong for me as mine for him, as sadly (for me) he got back with his ex in a flash

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinkerbelle2)
    Yes and yes but his feelings were not as strong for me as mine for him, as sadly (for me) he got back with his ex in a flash

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah that's a shame

ReputationRep:
    And has that person reciprocated those feelings?
    Yes he was emotionally unavailable. I wouldn't date someone who's just come out of a relationship again tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    Yes he was emotionally unavailable. I wouldn't date someone who's just come out of a relationship again tbh.
    What happened?

ReputationRep:
    What happened?
    Oops I meant to say he wasn't emotionally avaliable. He was still getting over his ex and wasn't ready for a relationship although he tried to convince me it was oherwise.

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't want to be a "rebound".

ReputationRep:
    Yes actually and he ended up in his own words 'in love with me' I was shocked tbh when it all started I was like meh I'm a rebound this is *****y but I had low self esteem at the time and just needed to get away from stressful reality of life at that point so dived right in with him and clearly worked out better than expected

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Things started just before the breakup (homewrecker), they broke up a few days later, took things really slow for a while but gradually things picked up and have worked out really well.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Surely most people would, given that most people will have broken up with someone before they settle down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Yes actually and he ended up in his own words 'in love with me' I was shocked tbh when it all started I was like meh I'm a rebound this is *****y but I had low self esteem at the time and just needed to get away from stressful reality of life at that point so dived right in with him and clearly worked out better than expected
    Being the rebound is something i'm wary of atm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dean01234)
    Yes. Things started just before the breakup (homewrecker), they broke up a few days later, took things really slow for a while but gradually things picked up and have worked out really well.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    So how long have you been together?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.