Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How do you limit procrastination and time wasting? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Coming up to exam time, I feel that I just waste too much time on the internet and even when doing work, I tend to complete less important tasks first, leaving me little to no time to complete what I actually need to complete.

Any help is greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I don't, I embrace it. However, the best thing to do is limit access to the internet. The internet is death when you're studying. I hide away my laptop, thus having no access to any internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    I don't, I embrace it. However, the best thing to do is limit access to the internet. The internet is death when you're studying. I hide away my laptop, thus having no access to any internet.
    The problem is, i always go back to needing my laptop for things such as typing up notes and researching things. I would say only 5% of my time on the internet is actually productive.

ReputationRep:
    if you need your laptop while doing homework or revising I advise you to put headphones in listen to music on Youtube and just leave the youtube tab open and do your work. If you need to research then make sure you close the tab after you're done researching. This will make it easy for you to get work done. I've tried this and find it really helpful.

but yeah procrastination is a big deal for everyone, You just have to have your mind set on the main goal.
    Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigbosshead)
    The problem is, i always go back to needing my laptop for things such as typing up notes and researching things. I would say only 5% of my time on the internet is actually productive.
    You don't, believe me. It's your brain tricking you into thinking this. I know this from firsthand experience. Putting away my laptop saves me SO much time.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.