Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (NB: I had no idea where to post this thread - I ideally wanted to post it in the jobs forum but there was no category for language translation, and although this is for a job, I am studying German for my job!)

If any native/almost native speakers of German could give me perfect translations of these sentences I would be unbelievably appreciative Thanks!

I studied German to A-level, got an A in it, but think I may be biting off a bit more than I can chew in working in it, as I have not spent more than a month over there and don't have a degree in it! Like I said, help much appreciated!

- Please bear with me, German is not my native language/I am new

- Hello, you're speaking with Anna L, customer service adviser from ABC Goods, how can I help you today?

- Unfortunately, we are experiencing a slight delay/some problems with our suppliers at the moment

- The order shipped on XXX so you should expect to receive it by XXX

- Please bear with me, I will check for you now

- You will find instructions for assembly/assembling of the product on our website.

- If you order by 5pm British time, you should expect next day delivery. Standard delivery is 1-5 days. We ship with Hermes.

- We deliver throughout Europe

- You can track your order online using your order number via the website

- Our opening hours are 9AM-5.30PM British time

- I am sorry to hear that

- I will have to check that for you and I will get back to you. Could you let me know a convenient time to call you back? Which is the best number to call you back on?

- Is there anything else I can help you with?

- I will have to pop you on hold for a minute

- We aim for the fastest delivery possible but there are occasionally mitigating factors that are beyond our control such as courier issues

- It left our warehouse on XX and should reach you by XX. If you have any more queries, don't hesitate to call or e-mail

- You should have received it on

- Can you give me the order number please?

- We can correspond via e-mail if you prefer

- Our systems show...

- By courier/by cheque/ by post

- I am sorry to hear that. I understand that it can be frustrating.

- Thank you for holding

- He is not available at the moment, is there anything I can help you with?

- Please can you send us a picture of the defective product

- If you have any more queries, do not hesitate to contact us again

- Thank you for your call

ReputationRep:
    Kallisto?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    Kallisto?
    I guess I have got the picture. By the look of it, I have just to translate a dialogue, right? no problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    I guess I have got the picture. By the look of it, I have just to translate a dialogue, right? no problem.
    :yep:

Thank you on behalf of OP

(I hope they see this)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    :yep:

Thank you on behalf of OP

(I hope they see this)
    Good, let's go in translating the German phrases for the job. If the thread starter does not appear, its not my problem.

(Original post by J_89;62826469 (...)
    - Please bear with me, German is not my native language/I am new
    [b
    )

Bitte hab Nachsicht, Deutsch ist nicht meine Muttersprache/ Ich bin neu[/b]

- Hello, you're speaking with Anna L, customer service adviser from ABC Goods, how can I help you today?
    Hallo, sie sprechen mit Anna L., Kundenserviceberater von ABC Goods, wie kann ich ihnen (heute) helfen?

- Unfortunately, we are experiencing a slight delay/some problems with our suppliers at the moment
    Leider haben wir momentan Probleme mit einer leichten Verzögerung/einige Probleme mit unserem Anbieter momentan.

- The order shipped on XXX so you should expect to receive it by XXX
    Der Befehl wurde nach XXX versandt, sie können also erwarten, dass sie ihn von XXX erhalten.

- Please bear with me, I will check for you now
    -Bitte hab Nachsicht mit mir, I werde es jetzt für sie prüfen.

- You will find instructions for assembly/assembling of the product on our website.
    Sie werden die Anweisungen für die Fertigung/ den Zusammenbau des Produkts auf unserer Seite finden.

- If you order by 5pm British time, you should expect next day delivery. Standard delivery is 1-5 days. We ship with Hermes.
    Wenn sie um 17.00 Uhr britischer (Orts-)Zeit bestellen, dann sollten sie in den nächsten Tagen die Lieferung erwarten. Die Standardlieferung liegt zwischen 1-5 Tagen. Wir Versenden es mit Hermes.

- We deliver throughout Europe
    Wir liefern durch ganz Europa.

- You can track your order online using your order number via the website
    Sie können ihre Bestellung online verfolgen. Nutzen sie die Bestellnummer über die Webseite.

- Our opening hours are 9AM-5.30PM British time
    Unsere Öffnungszeiten sind zwischen 9.30 Uhr und 17.30 Uhr britischer (Orts-)Zeit.

- I am sorry to hear that
    Es tut mir leid dies zu hören

- I will have to check that for you and I will get back to you. Could you let me know a convenient time to call you back? Which is the best number to call you back on?
    Ich werde es für sie überprüfen und mich später mit ihnen in Verbindung setzen. Können sie es mich wissen lassen, wann es eine geeignete Zeit gibt sie zurückzurufen? Unter welcher Nummer erreiche Ich sie am besten?

- Is there anything else I can help you with?
    GIbt es irgendetwas womit Ich ihnen helfen kann?

- I will have to pop you on hold for a minute
    Ich benötige etwas Zeit, bitte warten sie.

- We aim for the fastest delivery possible but there are occasionally mitigating factors that are beyond our control such as courier issues
    Wir sind um die schnellstmögliche Lieferung bemüht, aber mitunter können die Schadensregulierungsmöglichkeit en außerhalb unserer Kontrolle liegen, wie die Probleme mit dem Kurier als solche.

- It left our warehouse on XX and should reach you by XX. If you have any more queries, don't hesitate to call or e-mail
    Es/Die Ware hat unser Warenhaus am XXX verlassen and sollte sie am XX erreichen. Falls sie irgendwelche Fragen haben, zögern sie nicht und rufen sie an oder schicken sie uns eine E-Mail.

- You should have received it on
    Sie sollten es erhalten haben.

- Can you give me the order number please?
    Können sie mir bitte die Bestellnummer mitteilen?

- We can correspond via e-mail if you prefer
    Wir können uns über E-mail miteinander austauschen/korrespondieren, wenn sie es bevorzugen.

- Our systems show...
    Unser System zeigt uns an.

- By courier/by cheque/ by post
    Durch den Kurier/ durch einen Scheck/ durch die Post.

- I am sorry to hear that. I understand that it can be frustrating.
    Es tut mir leid dies zu hören. Ich verstehe, dass es frustrierend sein kann.

- Thank you for holding
    Danke für ihre Beteiligung!

- He is not available at the moment, is there anything I can help you with?
    Er ist derzeit nicht erreichbar/zur Verfügung, gibt es irgendetwas womit Ich ihnen helfen kann?

- Please can you send us a picture of the defective product
    Können sie uns bitte ein Bild von ihrem defekten Produkt senden?

- If you have any more queries, do not hesitate to contact us again
    Falls sie Fragen haben, zögern sie nicht und kontaktieren sie uns.

- Thank you for your call
    Danke für ihren Anruf.
    So, I am done with translation. Hope so much it hepls you at work.

ReputationRep:
    Just read the reply!

Beyond grateful. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Good, let's go in translating the German phrases for the job. If the thread starter does not appear, its not my problem.

So, I am done with translation. Hope so much it hepls you at work.
    Just so you see my reply - am beyond grateful, will be a major help to me.

Thank you
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by J_89)
    Just so you see my reply - am beyond grateful, will be a major help to me.

Thank you
    You are welcome. I am always so glad, if my help was so useful for another members.

ReputationRep:
    You are welcome. I am always so glad, if my help was so useful for another members.
    Hi Kallisto,

Your post was extremely helpful to me in my new job. I just have a few more phrases translating into German that would be majorly helpful, if you wouldn't mind sparing a moment to do so:

- The shipping costs can sometimes be cheaper if you buy directly from our website, instead of via Amazon

- The return must first be processed through Amazon. If you log onto your account, you will be able to request the return via Amazon through that, then we can process it

- Once processed through Amazon, we will send the returns instructions with the shipping label

- Please can you send a photo so that our warehouse can assess it

- We will need to call the carrier (Spediteur?) to ascertain the reason for this. I will need to call you back.

- We are conducting a formal investigation with the carrier as to why your package was not delivered

- We will keep you informed/updated on the progress of the investigation

- We will let you know as soon as there are any updates

- How would you like to proceed?

- Please accept our apologies

- That is our company policy, I am afraid

- I will need to consult with my manager for this question

- I will see what I can do to resolve this for you

- Yes, we supply these....

- It should be with you by the end of this week/at the start of next week

- Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we are sold out of this product at the moment. (You should have been informed prior and we apologize for this). We will be re-stocking the product on the week commencing..... Would you like to wait for this or receive a refund?

- If you wish to pay by cheque, we will send you our banking information by e-mail

- Could you please tell me your e-mail?

- I will just need to take your details

- We will need to contact our suppliers

- Our suppliers have let us down unfortunately

- Yes, they come with bag

- If you could give me a moment, I will find out what the problem is for you

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Danke im Voraus!

I wish I could send a virtual gift in return if you could do this for me!

ReputationRep:
    Just to specify - this is open to any German speakers.

It won't be a persistent thread (well, at least not without offering a fee), but it would be a major help to me for my first few weeks on the job.

Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Uppity up!

Anyone else, or know of any other websites I could post it on?

I don't want to keep bothering Kallisto.

Thanks.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by J_89)
    x
    Hello!

As long as I am writing in my break in an office (instead of at home), I have not so much time to give you a translation. Come back when I get the time - and an internet connection.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_89)
    Hi Kallisto,

Your post was extremely helpful to me in my new job. I just have a few more phrases translating into German that would be majorly helpful, if you wouldn't mind sparing a moment to do so:

- The shipping costs can sometimes be cheaper if you buy directly from our website, instead of via Amazon

Die Versandkosten können manchmal niedriger sein wenn Sie direkt über unsere Webseite bestellen anstatt über amazon.

- The return must first be processed through Amazon. If you log onto your account, you will be able to request the return via Amazon through that, then we can process it

Die Rücksendung muss zuerst über amazon abgewickelt werden. Wenn sie sich in ihr Benutzerkonto einloggen, können Sie eine Rücksendung über amazon veranlassen und wir können diese dann abwickeln

- Once processed through Amazon, we will send the returns instructions with the shipping label

Sobald sie von amazon bearbeitet wurde, senden wir ihnen die Anweisungen mit dem Rücksendeetikett

- Please can you send a photo so that our warehouse can assess it

Bitte senden sie ein Foto damit unser Warenlager es einschätzen kann

- We will need to call the carrier (Spediteur?) to ascertain the reason for this. I will need to call you back.

Wir werden unser Transportunternehmen kontaktieren müssen um den Grund herauszufinden. Ich werde Sie zurückrufen müssen

- We are conducting a formal investigation with the carrier as to why your package was not delivered

Wir haben eine offizielle Untersuchung veranlasst mit dem Transportunternehmen um herauszufinden, warum Ihr Paket nicht geliefert wurde

- We will keep you informed/updated on the progress of the investigation

Wir werden sie über den weiteren Verlauf der Ermittlungen informieren

- We will let you know as soon as there are any updates

Wir werden sie informieren sobald wir Neuigkeiten haben

- How would you like to proceed?

Wie würden Sie gerne weiter verfahren?

- Please accept our apologies

Bitte akzeptieren Sie unsere Entschuldigung.

- That is our company policy, I am afraid

Es tut mir leid, Das ist unsere Geschäftspolitik

- I will need to consult with my manager for this question

Für diese Frage muss ich mich mit meinem Manager absprechen

- I will see what I can do to resolve this for you

Ich werde sehen, was ich tun kann um das für Sie zu lösen

- Yes, we supply these....

Ja, wir führen das?

- It should be with you by the end of this week/at the start of next week

Es sollte bei Ihnen Ende dieser Woche/Anfang nächster Woche eintreffen

- Unfortunately, I have to inform you that we are sold out of this product at the moment. (You should have been informed prior and we apologize for this). We will be re-stocking the product on the week commencing..... Would you like to wait for this or receive a refund?

Leider muss ich Ihnen mitteilen, dass dieser Artikel zurzeit ausverkauft ist. (Sie hätten früher informiert werden sollen und wir entschuldigen uns dafür). Wir werden eine neue Lieferung erhalten ... Möchten Sie darauf warten oder möchten Sie eine Rückerstattung Ihres Geldes

- If you wish to pay by cheque, we will send you our banking information by e-mail

Wenn sie mit ... Zahlen möchten, senden wir Ihnen unsere Bankverbindung per Mail

- Could you please tell me your e-mail?

Würden sie mir bitte ihre Mailadresse mitteilen

- I will just need to take your details

Ich werde ihre Informationen aufnehmen müssen

- We will need to contact our suppliers

Wir werden unseren Zulieferer kontaktieren müssen

- Our suppliers have let us down unfortunately

Unglücklicherweise hat uns unser Zulieferer im Stich gelassen

- Yes, they come with bag

Ja, sie werden mit einer Tasche geliefert

- If you could give me a moment, I will find out what the problem is for you

Geben sie mir einen kurzen Moment, dann finde ich für Sie heraus, was das Problem ist

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Danke im Voraus!

I wish I could send a virtual gift in return if you could do this for me!
    Translated by a german native speaker so hopefully correct ^^

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pBluescript)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awesome!

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this for me

Will be incredibly helpful for me.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by pBluescript)
    Read and controlled by a German native speaker - and rated by 7 reputation points. In other words: good work! well translated. You have taken the work out of my hands. A great thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.