Turn on thread page Beta

Supporting your National Team watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm all for supporting local teams, but in terms of International Teams I'm a massive fan of German footballers and footbal in general, but as well know there's a big rivalry between England and German, would it therefore be right to support Germany? Same case goes for Argentina aswell

ReputationRep:
    Club comes first

ReputationRep:
    I always watch England games even if it's a meaningless friendly, but I do tend to watch a lot of other teams, Scotland is one for some reason, Germany is another too. It doesn't really matter who you support internationally to be fair, same with the club situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SentryE3D)
    Club comes first
    Yeah that's how it's for me.
    (Original post by Monster Mnch)
    I always watch England games even if it's a meaningless friendly, but I do tend to watch a lot of other teams, Scotland is one for some reason, Germany is another too. It doesn't really matter who you support internationally to be fair, same with the club situation.
    But should you really support another country and not support the one you were born and bred in, especially your rivals. I understand if you born in Indonesia or something though

ReputationRep:
    There is a difference between admiration and actually supporting. I admire like the Dutch national side but I don't support them and I would back England over them every time.

ReputationRep:
    You born in that country, you support that country through all its ups and downs (IMO)

ReputationRep:
    I like the German national side too but would never back them over England. Club comes first though.

ReputationRep:
    Club (Arsenal) definitely comes first for me, but when it comes to England's competitive games, I back them to the hilt, especially at the World Cup and the Euros

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.