Turn on thread page Beta

Exams done-but worried!!!! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Text_Box)
    In all fairness though, if in the back of your mind and aaccording to predicitions you should get high grades, even if you tried to tell yourself that e.g.) a grade lower on average is fine and that you'd be pleased with that, deep down, unless you achieved your real potential, you will be disappointed.
    I know that, but the only thing you can do is to try and prepare yourself for that possibility and convince yourself that those grades were far too high and that you tried your best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I know that, but the only thing you can do is to try and prepare yourself for that possibility and convince yourself that those grades were far too high and that you tried your best.
    I agree, but its hard to kid yourself!

Plus, I guess instinctively, even if you don't admit it to others, you sort of know your potential and that you are capable of getting those grades?

Anyway, what grades are you hoping for if I may ask? (really )

ReputationRep:
    I agree, but its hard to kid yourself!

Plus, I guess instinctively, even if you don't admit it to others, you sort of know your potential and that you are capable of getting those grades?

Anyway, what grades are you hoping for if I may ask? (really )
    I know, but I'm getting there!

Well for me, I think I have kidded myself that a full set of Bs is great! BUT... this of course is minimum, a few :rolleyes: better grades would be good.

And you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happysunshine)
    I know, but I'm getting there!

Well for me, I think I have kidded myself that a full set of Bs is great! BUT... this of course is minimum, a few :rolleyes: better grades would be good.

And you?
    Predicted 5A's and told that I should get it, so if i don't, I guess I would be dissapointed. (AS Levels).

I felt they went quite well, no bad ones. Good luck anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Try not too worry too much! As you got a medical note, things should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Predicted 5A's and told that I should get it, so if i don't, I guess I would be dissapointed. (AS Levels).

I felt they went quite well, no bad ones. Good luck anyway!
    Good luck to you too!

my gcses werent exactly like that because i didnt even get to take them because i was ill but i got special consideration which gave me grades. I didnt get my predicted grades even though they used my coursework and mock results-i ended up with 2A*, 3A, 2B and 2C which were fair enough grades because i was expecting all C's from the special consideration after all i didnt take the exams. So im guessing that if you did take them and the exam board do look at your predicated grades your results will be ok, i just advise you not to get your hopes up for the predicted grades. This year i tried to get special consideration from the exam board but they said that you have to be really seriously ill however school gave me extra time-because they can do that anyway..but the exam board wont help for anything more even though i have problems with being tired and lack of concentration (as a result of last years illness)

good luck with it all
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy)
    But I am really scared about what will happen on results day? I will not be able to tolerate failing any exam.
    I had revised months before but due to the headaches and dizziness I have not been able to remember the stuff in the exam

Please reassure everything will be ok because I get these wierd thoughts of doing some harm to my self on the results day if I find out I have failed? I believe I am a failure who has diappointed everyone esp my family
    I know exactly how you feel, all during the exam period I wasn't eating or sleeping and had headaches etc.

People keep telling me that if you think you've done really badly you've probably done okay though, so the only advice i can give is to try and forget about it for now.

ReputationRep:
    I know it's really annoying for people to tell you that what you have obviously worked hard for doesn *really* matter .. but GCSEs ultimately count for very little. Even if you have done badly you will most likely get the grades you need to go on to AS and once you've done your ASs and have predicted grades for your A2 levels, people aren't really going to be very bothered AT ALL about your GCSEs.

Have you been ill due to the pressure of exams or is it something else? Because I know that the majority of people in my classes at college (A2 levels) have been experiencing similar symptoms to you, as have I - but can't exactly get special consideration or anything due to the fact that exams are stressful!!

I know it's easy for me tosay but you have to try and find a way of coping with exams. Even if it isn't pressure that's making you ill, you seem to place a massive amount of importance on coming out of it all with good grades. You have been ill, for whatever reason. Don't expect miracles and please dont think that results are the be all & end all.

** At least not til you get to A2s and they actually will determine the next three years at least of your life. Ahaaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternalsunshine)
    I know it's really annoying for people to tell you that what you have obviously worked hard for doesn *really* matter .. but GCSEs ultimately count for very little.
    Sorry, but that is terrible advice - When you apply to uni, GCSE's are the only qualifications you officially have - they are important, and bad/dodgy GCSE grades do hinder you to an extent.

Of course, other factors are important to - But academic qualifications (EVIDENCE) is most important.

You can't say GCSE's aren't important - Walk into an interview with bad grades and you're already peddling backwards.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, but that is terrible advice - When you apply to uni, GCSE's are the only qualifications you officially have - they are important, and bad/dodgy GCSE grades do hinder you to an extent.

Of course, other factors are important to - But academic qualifications (EVIDENCE) is most important.

You can't say GCSE's aren't important - Walk into an interview with bad grades and you're already peddling backwards.
    That's kind of pessimistic.. The truth is that very little is determined by academic qualifications. Come on, degrees are becoming redundant.. so you can't not say the same thing for GCSEs.

Plus, once you have AS and predicted A2s, if they are good, then universities are more often than not unlikely to discriminate based on GCSE results. Particularly in the case of this person who has had special consideration and if it all DOES go wrong, I'm sure that a note could be added to the reference section of the UCAS form that would cause admissions people to place less importance on GCSE results.

Come on, the person is clearly putting way too much pressure on these results & talking about self harm etc??! I was just trying to put things into a normal amount of perspective..

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.