Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA AS psychology (new spec) and I was wondering if we have to learn the parts of the brain and their functions for the exam? Or is this just for A level?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Here you go.

A checklist of everything you need to know, in every topic. Use the tabs at the bottom to go to Biopsychology and you'll be able to see all the things you need to know for your exam.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx Revision checklist AQA.xlsx (39.5 KB, 96 views)

ReputationRep:
    I've checked the Syllabus and found this:
    The biological approach: the influence of genes, biological structures and neurochemistry on behaviour, Genotype and Phenotype, genetic basis of behaviour, evolution and behaviour.

The division of the nervous system: central and peripheral (somatic and autonomic). The function of endocrine system: glands and hormones.
    The fight or flight response and the role of adrenaline.

The structure and function of sensory, relay and motor neurons. The process of synaptic transmission including reference to neurotransmitters, excitation and inhibition.

My textbook:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Also copied the spec from the original AQA site:

So yeah to my knowledge and what the specification says, nothing about remembering each
    individual part of the brain. I'm half positive my teacher once told me you need to understand each part, you don't need to remember it. Not sure if it helps but it's what the specification says afterall.

This is for AS by the way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 26, 2016

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.