sweeties789
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm doing AQA AS psychology (new spec) and I was wondering if we have to learn the parts of the brain and their functions for the exam? Or is this just for A level?

Thanks
Findlay6
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Here you go.

A checklist of everything you need to know, in every topic. Use the tabs at the bottom to go to Biopsychology and you'll be able to see all the things you need to know for your exam.
Attached files
DenKodz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've checked the Syllabus and found this:
The biological approach: the influence of genes, biological structures and neurochemistry on behaviour, Genotype and Phenotype, genetic basis of behaviour, evolution and behaviour.

The division of the nervous system: central and peripheral (somatic and autonomic). The function of endocrine system: glands and hormones.
The fight or flight response and the role of adrenaline.

The structure and function of sensory, relay and motor neurons. The process of synaptic transmission including reference to neurotransmitters, excitation and inhibition.

My textbook:
Spoiler:
Show
Also copied the spec from the original AQA site:Image

So yeah to my knowledge and what the specification says, nothing about remembering each
individual part of the brain. I'm half positive my teacher once told me you need to understand each part, you don't need to remember it. Not sure if it helps but it's what the specification says afterall.

This is for AS by the way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (76)
18.72%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (82)
20.2%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (77)
18.97%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (88)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (41)
10.1%
I haven't started researching yet (42)
10.34%

Watched Threads