ReputationRep:
    So what? They contribute to society

ReputationRep:
    They're on benefits...

They took our jobs!

ReputationRep:
    So?

ReputationRep:
    What does it matter if they're contributing to society rather than relying on handouts because they don't want to work

ReputationRep:
    Okay but do I care

ReputationRep:
    As long as 100% of them pay taxes then I don't really care.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by IvoryToast)
    Yeah because theyre better workers than half the lay about british population where we expect to get loads of benefits despite never working hard
    Wow, how could we possibly have coped as a nation for the past century, before we systematically began letting foreigners into the country? Nevermind the fact that we've been managing just fine for the past 2000+ years.
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Well…..

Why on earth does this matter? At all.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah because theyre better workers than half the lay about british population where we expect to get loads of benefits despite never working hard
    I hear this a lot. It doesn't reflect my own experiences. I always found the Brits to be quite hard working.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    why is that a problem :/ isn't it a good thing that they're actually working?

ReputationRep:
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I work better or worse than my British colleagues.

ReputationRep:
    They are doing jobs that British people dont want to do so what is the problem in it? Would you like it if Brits in other countries were treated like how we treat migrants in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    why is that a problem :/ isn't it a good thing that they're actually working?
    It's not a good thing if they're working on the minimum wage with five dependents.

Only people on good wages should be admitted.

(Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    They are doing jobs that British people dont want to do so what is the problem in it? Would you like it if Brits in other countries were treated like how we treat migrants in the UK?
    Yeah, won't not can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I don't think I work better or worse than my British colleagues.
    Well being French doesn't help...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LovepreetDhillon)
    No, they are doing doing jobs that British people don't want to do at this rate. Importing migrants to work for nothing decreases low-skilled salaries and thus penalises the already poor.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.