Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I'm a year 12 and I've got to give an assembly to year 7's on Internet safety. I want to draw it from relevant, current problems rather then what teachers unrealistically tell you to do.

Any ideas on what you think are the biggest dangers, stories about dangerous online or any opinions/information would be very valuable.

Thank you for your time x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Is this stranger danger, viruses or something else?

ReputationRep:
    Just tell them not to search for krokodil.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Is this stranger danger, viruses or something else?
    It's literally any relevant thing to that age groups life online, my brief is Internet safety 'whatever I think is useful'. So stranger danger would defo be one because of things like 'Internet friends' being so common now.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    If you have the Crime and Investigation Channel, there's a programme on Sunday evening at 9pm called Britain's Darkest Taboos. The one this Sunday is about a 14 year boy who was grommed online. That might be of interested to you?

ReputationRep:
    People shouldn't do any financial activity online.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    If you have the Crime and Investigation Channel, there's a programme on Sunday evening at 9pm called Britain's Darkest Taboos. The one this Sunday is about a 14 year boy who was grommed online. That might be of interested to you?
    Yer I think it's a case I've read into before, very interesting- was planning on using it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps speak of the issues of being radicalised online. You only need to look at this forum to see the hate some people (kippers and white supremacists) preach on the internet which can really have consequences on the beliefs of impressionable young kids.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    Perhaps speak of the issues of being radicalised online. You only need to look at this forum to see the hate some people (kippers and white supremacists) preach on the internet which can really have consequences on the beliefs of impressionable young kids.
    You couldn't resist.. could you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    You couldn't resist.. could you?
    I'm not wrong. Everyone goes on about people being radicalised to support extreme islamic beliefs online yet noone ever talks about people being radicalised to support racist beliefs despite far more children being at risk of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by intelligent con)
    I'm not wrong. Everyone goes on about people being radicalised to support extreme islamic beliefs online yet noone ever talks about people being radicalised to support racist beliefs despite far more children being at risk of this.
    you could have stopped at the risks of being radicalised online. No need to then go on and turn it into a political statement.. but then I guess it's something we've come to expect when 99% of your posts are trying to promote your own political viewpoints.

ReputationRep:
    Warn of the dangers of Adam Johnson?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.