Failingstudent98
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Okay so I'm a year 12 and I've got to give an assembly to year 7's on Internet safety (at a girls school).I want to draw it from relevant, current problems rather then what teachers unrealistically tell you to do.

Any ideas on what you think are the biggest dangers, stories about dangerous online or any opinions/information would be very valuable.

Thank you for your time

Posted from TSR Mobile
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Fraud is a big one. Teach them how they shouldn't enter any sensitive information like card info if they don't see the padlock symbol and https in the URL. The padlock means the information is encrypted.

Don't trust any links you get in emails. If an email is claiming something is wrong don't click or use the links in the email as it could be fake. Instead open you browser and go to the official website.

Be very careful about what you download. The nets full of bundled spam software like browser plugins that spy on you and slow things down,

Don't trust emails in general the SMTP protocol is insecure people can forge emails easily.

Don't open email attachments you arn't expecting.

Don't put your personal information online. Keep in mind employers in the future might google you so be careful what you say or use an alias that can't be linked back to you.

Install an antivirus.
Superhotfire
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Accepting randomers on fb, going on chatrooms as these are filled with nonces posing as younger males.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nohomo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm an internet softy

I don't use the internet to belittle people, no matter how bad their spelling is
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (68)
23.45%
No (222)
76.55%

Watched Threads