Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been studying mental health nursing for the last two years and I have been wanting to swap to adult nursing since the beginning of the course. Unfortunately I am still unable to do so and in the same predicament. I have been disheartened searching the internet to find a way to swap nursing fields possibly after I have qualified but it almost seems impossible

Does anyone know how I could swap fields?
    Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by dustbunny3)
    I have been studying mental health nursing for the last two years and I have been wanting to swap to adult nursing since the beginning of the course. Unfortunately I am still unable to do so and in the same predicament. I have been disheartened searching the internet to find a way to swap nursing fields possibly after I have qualified but it almost seems impossible

Thanks
    Bournemouth offer conversion courses by the looks of it http://search.ucas.com/course/feesan...rsedetailsmenu but i think you either need to be seconded or fund it yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dustbunny3)

Thanks
    I think you'd have a problem because you will have been studying different modules to the adult branch. It differs from uni to uni but where I am we spilt into branch specific modules in the second semester of the first year. So if someone wanted to change they would have to start in the first year again. Not that my uni allows people to change branch anyway. You're better off finishing the degree that you're on then try to find a conversion course or do a PGDip. You may find some jobs that are more skewed to adult nursing but accept your Mental Health degree?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.