Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My grand total for my pc build is £600. I am hoping to build it this weekend any tips and advice?

This will be my first pc build and if I am been honest I am ******** it. I have an anti-static wristband at the ready.

(There's one point... I think I am going to cheat and let a professional put the processor in)
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    nah its easy its like lego. loads of guides online.

Probably install the processor and heatsink outside the case. memory and graphics card as well.
    Install the psu in the case as well as the dvd drive, hdd and ssd.

then its just a case of connecting things

Once you build your own you will never go back.

30 mins -1hr. Take your time. cant think of a lot you cna do wrong, but be careful to put the cpu in as its delicate, it cna only go in one way so dont force it.

ReputationRep:
    It sounds daunting to everyone at first, but as long as you watch some guides on YouTube and follow them exactly you should be fine if you follow exactly as they say.
    Also, putting in the processor is one of the easiest parts.. If you're getting help from a professional you may as well get help for all the rest of it too.

Any tips I could give you would be to not forget putting in the "IO Shield" in before you put in the motherboard to your case and to try and keep your cables as neat and tidy as possible and out of the way of any fans. I highly recommend using some sought of cable ties to neatly manage some of the cables in your case.

Would you mind sharing what the specs are? I'm interested to see what you've got for £600

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thebaco123)
    It sounds daunting to everyone at first, but as long as you watch some guides on YouTube and follow them exactly you should be fine if you follow exactly as they say.
    Also, putting in the processor is one of the easiest parts.. If you're getting help from a professional you may as well get help for all the rest of it too.

Any tips I could give you would be to not forget putting in the "IO Shield" in before you put in the motherboard to your case and to try and keep your cables as neat and tidy as possible and out of the way of any fans. I highly recommend using some sought of cable ties to neatly manage some of the cables in your case.

Would you mind sharing what the specs are? I'm interested to see what you've got for £600
    This... Also where you bought your parts from, I've looked at building something with up to date parts and I'm looking at around £1500

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys I built it... and it looks amazing!!! (all my parts were from amazon)

NZXT Case
    MSI Motherboard
    I5 Intel
    1 TB of hard drive
    750i Navida graphics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urbanlocations)

NZXT Case
    MSI Motherboard
    I5 Intel
    1 TB of hard drive
    750i Navida graphics
    Nice! Congrats on the build

ReputationRep:

NZXT Case
    MSI Motherboard
    I5 Intel
    1 TB of hard drive
    750i Navida graphics
    Ayeee nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack Butters)
    Ayeee nice!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks dude!

ReputationRep:
    I built my first PC late last year, was also nervous but enjoyed it. Love knowing enough about the build to be able to upgrade myself in the future.

Only sticking points were that the front of the case was too narrow for the fan I'd chosen and the optical drive was too long... Still haven't figured out a solution to that - shorter DVD drives?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks dude!
    Did you build it for gaming?
    If so what are you playing on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now next step is water cooling .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Now next step is water cooling .
    Yeah will leave that for another day

ReputationRep:
    For 600 you may as well buy one ore built.. its not like you're going to build anything you couldnt get in the shop fir the same price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    For 600 you may as well buy one ore built.. its not like you're going to build anything you couldnt get in the shop fir the same price.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Learning a new skill? Knowing your PC build well enough to upgrade in future? Shopping around to get exactly the balance you want?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.