Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

receiving results!!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I won't recieve my results till July or August which is annoying because I missed two exams due an operation so I need to know the exams boards decision to whether they will make me retake the exam or just give me my average mark in those modules and let me off. I am also worried about the quality of my work as I rushed it all due to pre-opp stress:mad:

ReputationRep:
    I think my college does results between 12.30 and 1.

So i if i check on the ucas tracker at 12, if i have got in will it definetly show that?
    Is it an automatic thing or something, altho i guess they have had all week to do it.
    I just think would be awful if they hadn't yet put it on website and u had actually got in. As u would think u hadn't.

Is anyone else gonna check online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boxersarecool)
    I think my college does results between 12.30 and 1.

So i if i check on the ucas tracker at 12, if i have got in will it definetly show that?
    Is it an automatic thing or something, altho i guess they have had all week to do it.
    I just think would be awful if they hadn't yet put it on website and u had actually got in. As u would think u hadn't.

Is anyone else gonna check online?
    I tried to check UCAS on results day last year, but I'm sure that the tracker actually didn't reopen until at least the next day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYaa009)
    so ive heard that the results are forwarded to the universities from aqa, ocr, edexcel, ONE week before we get them........... so does this mean that you'll get a letter/phone call from university saying if you have got in to do the course or not? or do you get your results first........ then they inform you, after........ why do they get them a week early?¿
    they don't usually but last year a girl from my school's first choice uni rang her on the morning before she'd even got her results...that must have been pretty sweet to take hte pressure off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    I'm glad you also share my opinion.

Music grades, key skills and child care things should not be incorporated in the points tariff. If someone wants to show these off, they should go in the personal statement.
    i think music grades and things should be included (not that i'm biased because i've got the equivalent points of an A from my grades) because if they've also required work...some of my offers say points from 3 alevels anyway so they don't count, but it also offers a bartering point if you drop a grade (especially in music - last year a girl applied to do music, having done her diploma, but by a freak marker was given an E in her a level...so she still got in because of her grade points)

ReputationRep:
    she was so lucky.

Which uni was it?
    and did they tell her the grades she got?

they don't usually but last year a girl from my school's first choice uni rang her on the morning before she'd even got her results...that must have been pretty sweet to take hte pressure off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allisandro)
    i think music grades and things should be included
    Unless you're studying music, I don't. Not everyone has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument. It is hardly fair to discriminate against those that have never had the chance or those that can't afford to pay for lessons!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mg84)
    Unless you're studying music, I don't. Not everyone has the opportunity to learn a musical instrument. It is hardly fair to discriminate against those that have never had the chance or those that can't afford to pay for lessons!
    I agree. There's a reason that the top universities don't make offers based on number of points - the points system is a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bezza)
    I agree. There's a reason that the top universities don't make offers based on number of points - the points system is a joke.
    Even of the universities that do make offers using the points system, the majority manipulate it to make it similar to the grade system by limiting the number of A levels the required number of points can be obtained from.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.