The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Student Accommodation 2016/17

Scroll to see replies

Been offered a single room in a 4/5 flat in murano. Unsure whether or not to take it, anyone else heading for Murano?
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Original post by lAma4
i just received an offer for Kincaid Court! I will be an exchange student, and was wondering if Kincaid would be a good fit for that? I generally consider myself a social person but if anyone could speak on the dynamic of a 12 person flat.

Hey, I've just been offered a 12 person flat at Kincaid's Court as well! Freaked a bit when I saw it because 12 seems an awful lot of people! What block are you? :smile:
I am about to confirm a place at Holland House, Edinburgh. I was wondering whether people have lived in there and may be able to tell something about it, their own experience!
I booked a place at Sugarhouse Close directly through Unite Students. It's a bit more expensive but you you that you'll definitely get a place.
Original post by amytolland
Been offered a single room in a 4/5 flat in murano. Unsure whether or not to take it, anyone else heading for Murano?

A good friend of mine was in Murano last year! It's nice accommodation, en suite. It's a bit of a trek from uni but it is a clean and well managed accommodation. It's a bit expensive but that's one of the only downsides.
Original post by _Rowe_
Hey guys! I've already received an offer for accommodation and signed the contract just last week. I see a lot of people on this thread are interested in Sugarhouse, that was my first choice too, but I didn't get it. I got offered my third choice, which was Shrubhill, which still looks nice but was further down my list because of how far it is from George Square. If it is first come first served, this might mean Sugarhouse is already full, but it may be based on grades? I dropped a few points from my predicted score.

I got Shrubhill too! I'm im Flat 51!

Sugarhouse was my first choice also but I guess some things aren't meant to be <\3*
I applied through adjustment yesterday for chemical physics, and already had a MyEd account (as i applied for medicine but didnt get in :frown: ) but now when trying to get accommodation sorted, i have no way to do it! Supposedly the services tab should give you the "myAccommodation" option (which mine does) and then the option to launch. All mine says is that there is no record of my application although UCAS tells me i have an unconditional offer and i have recieved emails from the uni about the course, so im assuming i do have a place! Has this happened to anyone elses application?! Worried they'll run out of the cheaper accommodation or that it wont get sorted in time!
Reply 187
Original post by MissNoir98
Hey, I've just been offered a 12 person flat at Kincaid's Court as well! Freaked a bit when I saw it because 12 seems an awful lot of people! What block are you? :smile:

I'm block 4, flat 10 😊 What about you?
Original post by t.walmsley21
I applied through adjustment yesterday for chemical physics, and already had a MyEd account (as i applied for medicine but didnt get in :frown: ) but now when trying to get accommodation sorted, i have no way to do it! Supposedly the services tab should give you the "myAccommodation" option (which mine does) and then the option to launch. All mine says is that there is no record of my application although UCAS tells me i have an unconditional offer and i have recieved emails from the uni about the course, so im assuming i do have a place! Has this happened to anyone elses application?! Worried they'll run out of the cheaper accommodation or that it wont get sorted in time!

This is the exact same problem im having, i think they will send an Email soon to let everyone in clearing do it? I think i might ring up if its not there in a few days because i would be gutted like you to miss out of the cheaper ones
Original post by Blowerishomo
This is the exact same problem im having, i think they will send an Email soon to let everyone in clearing do it? I think i might ring up if its not there in a few days because i would be gutted like you to miss out of the cheaper ones

It takes a couple of days for it to register on the system for MyEd, everyone had the same problem in April when myAccommodation opened and had to wait a couple of days after they had accepted the offer 😊
Hello, guys. I'm doing Linguistics & English Language in Sepetember. I've accepted my accommodation contract for Warrender Park Road. Is anyone doing a similar course or living nearby? Would love to not feel like a loner come next month. 😊👍🏻
Hello all, I'm due to begin an MSc in Medieval Literatures & Cultures - I have accommodation for Richmond Place. Anyone else got Richmond, too??
Original post by Lgm499
anyone doing history? :smile:

I am!
Does anyone know if all the rooms get filled by the uni as I have only found one flatmate?
Reply 194
Hi Guys,

MSc in Sound Design here. It seems like I've applied quite late for accommodation (last Friday) and I feel that my chances of getting a place are quite low.

Anyone wanna live the homeless dream with me? Or interested in pairing up to look for places?*
Reply 195
I have read on UOE LIving fp that many students had problems with rats! Is it true? Which places (other than Richmonds Place) are to be avoided? What other "surprises" should we expect in Edinburgh official accommodations?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 196
Original post by jencoughlan
Hello, guys. I'm doing Linguistics & English Language in Sepetember. I've accepted my accommodation contract for Warrender Park Road. Is anyone doing a similar course or living nearby? Would love to not feel like a loner come next month. 😊👍🏻

Hey, i'm doing linguistics as well and I'm also living at Warrender Park Road! You're the first person I've seen who's living there :smile:
I applied through adjustment, and so missed the deadline for accommodation. I'm going to study chemical physics, and staying at Beaverbank as i couldn't find much else! Is anyone else doing chemical physics, and is anyone else staying at Beaverbank?!
Hi, I'm looking for someone to replace me in an accommodation.
It's an ensuite single room in a flat of 4 with shared kitchen in Murano. It's £5250 for the whole academic year
Just message me or call *07541 973066‬ if you're interested.
ANYBODY STUDYING BUSINESS MANAGEMENT / BUSINESS RELATED COURSES / ECONOMICS - I AM SELLING MY FIRST YEAR COURSE TEXTBOOKS FOR MUCH CHEAPER THAN FOUND IN BLACKBALLS ETC. check your reading list, and if you need any of the following (most people doing business related courses will) and let me know. -Business: foundations / introductions - volume 1-Business: foundations / introductions - volume 2-Financial management and accounting: An introduction Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending