The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stefano865
My wife never hugs me. :frown:

That's because she's hugging Tyrone, nomsayin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cremated_Spatula
I don't mind a girl being over-eager, it shows that she's excited to learn more about me which is sweet. But it seems that was the speed of your texting conversations between the both of you anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Maybe, go on a group holiday or try more gender-mixed activities/hobbies like kickboxing or something?

Spoiler

Yes, literally we had conversations, two'ing and fro'ing. When I thought the conversation ended naturally I left it . . but he would double text me to provoke a response! And he did that several times to me. Sometimes I even pretended to fall asleep just so I could get a bit of peace and quiet from him! Now it's tumbleweed silence! . . . I last messaged, but I've not hammered him with messages because I thought I'm not getting into that tit for tat behaviour! I'm not into that.

Group holiday, Ive wanted to do for years, but friends have kids / bills / attached @ the hip of their partners. I tried Yoga . .that had a few gents in it, but they were old enough to be my dad! :facepalm: lol KickBoxing I was contemplating, but not really a fan of it / the sport lol

Spoiler

You can do those, but then still not look that athletic, active dancers do tend to have good-looking bodies though.

Well I dance 5 days a week; Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz, PLUS I teach @ the weekends. So I would like to think my body is in good shape / well looked.
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
What;s a booty call?

A text / phone call after midnight . . from someone who purely wants sex! No strings sex basically, with no commitment / relationship ties!
Original post by DancinBallerina
Yes, literally we had conversations, two'ing and fro'ing. When I thought the conversation ended naturally I left it . . but he would double text me to provoke a response! And he did that several times to me. Sometimes I even pretended to fall asleep just so I could get a bit of peace and quiet from him! Now it's tumbleweed silence! . . . I last messaged, but I've not hammered him with messages because I thought I'm not getting into that tit for tat behaviour! I'm not into that.

Group holiday, Ive wanted to do for years, but friends have kids / bills / attached @ the hip of their partners. I tried Yoga . .that had a few gents in it, but they were old enough to be my dad! :facepalm: lol KickBoxing I was contemplating, but not really a fan of it / the sport lol

Spoiler

My older brother (your age now) did a group holiday in America with strangers, he met a lot of people, made plenty of new friends.

YOGA HAHAHA (not what I meant)
Guys don't learn kick boxing for the sport, they do it to keep fit, boost their self-confidence and learn how to protect themselves in the process.

Spoiler

Well I dance 5 days a week; Ballet, Tap, Modern and Jazz, PLUS I teach @ the weekends. So I would like to think my body is in good shape / well looked.

Pics pls

Spoiler

My older brother (your age now) did a group holiday in America with strangers, he met a lot of people, made plenty of new friends.

YOGA HAHAHA (not what I meant)
Guys don't learn kick boxing for the sport, they do it to keep fit, boost their self-confidence and learn how to protect themselves in the process.

Spoiler

Would love to do that sort of thing. A work colleague told me about some www that does excursions for single people! A bit hesitant, but I may just do it tbh.

Yoga I actually enjoyed it tbh, although I got a bit fed up of hearing the men goes ''UUGHHHHHH'' every 5 mins! :facepalm:

Spoiler

I'm kinda thinking to just knock it all on the head now tbh. At my age, I am too old for a relationship, so am more suited to having males just as friends I think.

Lol give up and you'll be 30 going on old crazy cat lady

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Satanas
Lol give up and you'll be 30 going on old crazy cat lady

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't like cats, in fact don't like animals. But thanks for the suggestion :smile:
Would love to do that sort of thing. A work colleague told me about some www that does excursions for single people! A bit hesitant, but I may just do it tbh.

Yoga I actually enjoyed it tbh, although I got a bit fed up of hearing the men goes ''UUGHHHHHH'' every 5 mins! :facepalm:

Spoiler

Just do it! :colone:

:teehee: nice

Big house for one person, big house for one couple actually. I suppose you're getting broody?
(edited 8 years ago)
:confused:

You sent a google search link :rofl:

Well I'm hardly going to stand in front of my mirror, take a snap and upload on here. I'm not 16, looking for validation from random people on my body shape lol

Just do it! :colone:

:teehee: nice

Big house for one person, big house for one couple actually. I suppose you're getting broody?

Will do later in the new year.

Thanks. No not broody @ all. Like I've said elsewhere in the thread, what I want is a partner; someone who I can enjoy spending time with, going places, having good sex and etc. I am not looking to settle down tomorrow and have a baby by October / November. I still have a life I want to lead, and I want him to still have his life too. That's what I can't seem to get through to guys - they hear my age and assume ''SHITTTTT, she wants babiesss / marriage'', no I don't, not yet . .maybe in another 4 / 5 years.
(edited 8 years ago)

You're fit.

To bad you don't like cats though.

Also 30 isn't to old to be looking for a partner :facepalm:
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You're fit.

To bad you don't like cats though.

Also 30 isn't to old to be looking for a partner :facepalm:

A few remarks in this thread think I am pass my sell by date! lol :dontknow:
A few remarks in this thread think I am pass my sell by date! lol :dontknow:

That's because most of them are idiot teenagers.
Well I'm hardly going to stand in front of my mirror, take a snap and upload on here. I'm not 16, looking for validation from random people on my body shape lol

Will do later in the new year.

Thanks. No not broody @ all. Like I've said elsewhere in the thread, what I want is a partner; someone who I can enjoy spending time with, going places, having good sex and etc. I am not looking to settle down tomorrow and have a baby by September! I still have a life I want to lead, and I want him to still have his life too. That's what I can't seem to get through to guys - they hear my age and assume ''SHITTTTT, she wants babiesss / marriage'', no I don', not yet.

No, I mean you sent a google search with no specific image, if you want to send an image you can click view image and then get the link there :h:
Also I was just kidding :smile:

Why get a 2 bedroom house? And yes, men who like the idea of marriage and babies are getting to be much fewer.
(edited 8 years ago)
No, I mean you sent a google search with no specific image, if you want to send an image you can click view image and then get the link there :h:
Also I was just kidding :smile:

Why get a 2 bedroom house? And yes, men who like the idea of marriage and babies are getting to be much fewer. Me included.

http://culturecountermag.com/are-you-a-dancer/. . . .There ya go :smile:

Personal reasons which I'd rather not disclose on here. But there is a valid reasoning for. Mmmm . .. yes the amount of people who I've heard ''Im not having babies . . I'm not getting married . . . '' Several years later . . they're married, with a baby on the way! lol So I take what women and men say with a pinch of salt on that! lol
http://culturecountermag.com/are-you-a-dancer/. . . .There ya go :smile:

Personal reasons which I'd rather not disclose on here. But there is a valid reasoning for. Mmmm . .. yes the amount of people who I've heard ''Im not having babies . . I'm not getting married . . . '' Several years later . . they're married, with a baby on the way! lol So I take what women and men say with a pinch of salt on that! lol

Are you sure you actually want a guy?

Be honest with yourself. Perhaps you are too independent and will never share your life with another in the way 'normal' people do.

You could 'co-parent' in future.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by stefano865
Are you sure you actually want a guy?

Be honest with yourself. Perhaps you are too independent and will never share your life with a another in the way 'normal' people do.

You could 'co-parent' in future.

But why should me being independent signal whether or not I am worthy of a relationship? :dontknow: Surely coming into a life of a woman who has her own home, car, good career in progression is good to see SHE got their on her OWN! If I saw a guy with the same, I would think ''Yes, this guy is going places; he's ambitious, goal getting without the need / input of other people!''. One thing I have learnt however is if you begin to depend on people for things, and then the **** hits the fan, the first thing people are quick to fire is ''You wouldn't have got there if it wasn't for me''!

:dontknow:
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending