Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all. So at this point I have offers from Lancaster and Sheffield University (AAA and AAB respectively). Trouble is, I really like both of them, and I'm finding it difficult to decide which has the edge.

I was hoping that some of you, particularly those already at Lancaster or Sheffield, could give me a few of the pro's and con's of each. That might assist me in working out which is my favourite.

Thanks for reading. Have a good day

ReputationRep:
    What to study?

ReputationRep:
    History and English Lit. I know Lancaster is above Sheffield in terms of league tables for that, but I'm trying to see reasons for both past tables that often seem to be kinda arbitrary.

ReputationRep:
    Hey! You're in the exact same position I was last year! It's a little creepy actually...

But basically I went for Lancaster in the end because I liked the idea of a smaller, more homely environment.
    I absolutely love it here, and I didn't realise that I'd love the benefits of campus so much.

But both unis are excellent, and I understand it's a very very tough choice. Although I might be a bit biased, I can help if you have any questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curious-student)
    Hey! You're in the exact same position I was last year! It's a little creepy actually...

But basically I went for Lancaster in the end because I liked the idea of a smaller, more homely environment.
    I absolutely love it here, and I didn't realise that I'd love the benefits of campus so much.

But both unis are excellent, and I understand it's a very very tough choice. Although I might be a bit biased, I can help if you have any questions.
    Thanks for the response. So Lancaster is more homely? That sounds good. Any other highlights you can point out to me?Do you know anyone who went to Sheffield, and if so, how are they finding it?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.