Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hey all,

Currently im in a bit of a dilemma, im stuck in between 2 cliques of friends and they really dont mix with each other.
    clique [1] is great for education, they work hard they stay motivated and when we get together its sensible e.g. movies.
    clique [2] is pure fun, we drink, party, play cards, and anything related to education isnt depressingly serious and is casual and when im with this group im purely happy (might be because im also usually drunk )
    the problem is, clique 1 and clique 2 really dont mix together, and [1], although they dont say it, really dont like when im partying etc. with [2].
    Im going through a "change" phase, and among many things, i really want to decide which clique to commit to fully because when uni comes around in a few months i dont want to be half and half.
    I feel free to be myself with [2] but I dont know if its a good idea to leave [1] who are in all honesty the only reason I get any school work done. but the things that I currently want in life, [1] just aint getting it done.

any advice on what to do? im not sure if im just going through a temporary phase and should just ride it out, or if this is actually something which will have a big impact on me.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    mine with the two at different times. no need to pick one. You'll only be hurting yourself in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    In my opinion, go with [1] right now. If uni is in a few months, you'll get the best of both worlds soon enough and it's not worth jeopardising your long term happiness for the sake of a bit more freedom now

ReputationRep:
    Well it's nearly exam season so it'd be sensible to focus on your exams rather than partying. You can party all summer and then at uni.

ReputationRep:
    thanks
    any more advice will be appreciated!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Why choose? I had a few different friend groups at school, they were all totally different but I hung out with all of them at different times.

ReputationRep:
    why cant people be friends with whoever they want?
    why do you have to be the friend of your friend's friend and the enemy of your friend's enemy?
    I am friends with people who hate each other but that doesn't stop me being friends with either of them and they've got no problems with it
    some people click, others dont
    and that's okay

just befriend whoever you want and if one of your 'friends' can't stand that then they aint worth your time
    too high maintenance aint nobody got time for that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelefi)
    hey all,

Currently im in a bit of a dilemma, im stuck in between 2 cliques of friends and they really dont mix with each other.
    clique [1] is great for education, they work hard they stay motivated and when we get together its sensible e.g. movies.
    clique [2] is pure fun, we drink, party, play cards, and anything related to education isnt depressingly serious and is casual and when im with this group im purely happy (might be because im also usually drunk )
    the problem is, clique 1 and clique 2 really dont mix together, and [1], although they dont say it, really dont like when im partying etc. with [2].
    Im going through a "change" phase, and among many things, i really want to decide which clique to commit to fully because when uni comes around in a few months i dont want to be half and half.
    I feel free to be myself with [2] but I dont know if its a good idea to leave [1] who are in all honesty the only reason I get any school work done. but the things that I currently want in life, [1] just aint getting it done.

any advice on what to do? im not sure if im just going through a temporary phase and should just ride it out, or if this is actually something which will have a big impact on me.

thanks
    How West Side story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by apronedsamurai)
    How West Side story
    hahahahahaaaaa
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    I wouldnt choose. Are these friends at Uni now or 6th Form? If your exams are coming then id study now and party after.

ReputationRep:
    go with two if you want to have some fun in your final years of school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelefi)
    hey all,

thanks
    Flip a coin xD

ReputationRep:
    Get steemin duh duh duh

But seriously, you don't have to chose. Don't let your friends chose who you're friends with, you're old enough to make that decision yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pjm600)
    Get steemin duh duh duh

But seriously, you don't have to chose. Don't let your friends chose who you're friends with, you're old enough to make that decision yourself.
    rather than it being that [1] or [2] saying i cant hang with the other, its more that what i do with one clique interferes with the other. e.g. i cant really do stuff with [1] when i've got a hangover from [2] xD.

thanks guys!
    i think ill not choose, but will just reduce my time with [1] and increase my fun with [2]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.