Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Basically
    I have a younger brother who's in year 9
    He asked to borrow my laptop in exchange for me being able to use his phone
    So i agreed

Anyway I snooped a bit (yeah I shouldn't have - I was curious) and between all the vulgar language on whatsapp i found a picture

From what I could gather it's a photo of a teacher that works at his school (I've met this teacher before) - laying down on a bed in his shorts with some text over the photo saying "Girl we made a deal, where's your nudes" or something to that effect.

My brother had asked for this picture from 3 people independently. From what I could gather from texts this photo had made its way around the school and the teacher/ school is checking phones for it. The kids who sent it to my brother told him to say he didn't get it from them. He replied saying he'll find a way to put it online and save it somewhere no one could get to.

And that's where that ended.

Now what do I do? Do I just delete the pictures? He can ask for them again. Do I tell my parents? Do I talk to my brother? Help?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    is the photo real or has it been doctored including adding the text.
    Did it originate with your brother.
    is he using your laptop to post it online/store

Obviously its serious if something untoward is going on between teacher and pupil.
    Its also serious if it is false and the people are interested in trying to damage someones career.

The picture could be innocent or it could be stolen.

Id have a word with your brother and tell him anything on your pc should be removed as your lending it to your mum, sister, dad.....
    Alternatively have a word, tell him remobe or you will delete them and that he shuld be very careful at the truble caused of he starts posting them. it could get him expelled and he shuld think how your parents would react.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically
    I have a younger brother who's in year 9
    He asked to borrow my laptop in exchange for me being able to use his phone
    So i agreed

Anyway I snooped a bit (yeah I shouldn't have - I was curious) and between all the vulgar language on whatsapp i found a picture

From what I could gather it's a photo of a teacher that works at his school (I've met this teacher before) - laying down on a bed in his shorts with some text over the photo saying "Girl we made a deal, where's your nudes" or something to that effect.

My brother had asked for this picture from 3 people independently. From what I could gather from texts this photo had made its way around the school and the teacher/ school is checking phones for it. The kids who sent it to my brother told him to say he didn't get it from them. He replied saying he'll find a way to put it online and save it somewhere no one could get to.

And that's where that ended.

Now what do I do? Do I just delete the pictures? He can ask for them again. Do I tell my parents? Do I talk to my brother? Help?
    Have a chat with him and inform him that spreading and leaking nudes and compromising images of people without their consent is now illegal and carries a jail term.

(Original post by 999tigger)
    is the photo real or has it been doctored including adding the text.
    Did it originate with your brother.
    is he using your laptop to post it online/store

Obviously its serious if something untoward is going on between teacher and pupil.
    Its also serious if it is false and the people are interested in trying to damage someones career.

The picture could be innocent or it could be stolen.

Id have a word with your brother and tell him anything on your pc should be removed as your lending it to your mum, sister, dad.....
    Alternatively have a word, tell him remobe or you will delete them and that he shuld be very careful at the truble caused of he starts posting them. it could get him expelled and he shuld think how your parents would react.
    The photo is very clearly real (and old) - the text may have been added in and probably was but I'm not sure
    no it did not
    no - he was using it to find cheats for GTA

yeah okay i will have a word with him

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Have a chat with him and inform him that spreading and leaking nudes and compromising images of people without their consent is now illegal and carries a jail term.
    yeah i'll have a word with him first - he is 14 though

ReputationRep:
    The photo is very clearly real (and old) - the text may have been added in and probably was but I'm not sure
    no it did not
    no - he was using it to find cheats for GTA

yeah okay i will have a word with him

yeah i'll have a word with him first - he is 14 though
    Err him being 14 doesn't stop it from being illegal, he's at an age where he knows what he's doing and should take responsibility for his actions.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Err him being 14 doesn't stop it from being illegal, he's at an age where he knows what he's doing and should take responsibility for his actions.
    oh yeah i know but i was just clarifying because 14 is too young to go to prison right?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah i know but i was just clarifying because 14 is too young to go to prison right?
    Perhaps although that isn't really any better because an offence like that is a serious one and it would go on his record.

ReputationRep:
    Na the age is 10
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Doesnt stop him getting into a lot of trouble with the school. Im seeing the thought that theres nothing untoward suspected with a pupil.
    He could get expelled.

ReputationRep:
    10 is the age where a person has criminal responsibility, could end up in juvenile. Very unlikely but its really not a risk worth taking for a pointless picture.

okay thanks guys i had a word with him and told him about how serious this is and how the teacher could lose their job and he said he'll delete the pictures and showed me they were deleted everywhere (gallery, whatsapp, etc). hopefully he doesn't do it again
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    okay thanks guys i had a word with him and told him about how serious this is and how the teacher could lose their job and he said he'll delete the pictures and showed me they were deleted everywhere (gallery, whatsapp, etc). hopefully he doesn't do it again
    Its probable there are lots of copies out there. Other kids may cause trouble. best to stay out of it as your parents would be horrified.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.