yeah thanx ....
Original post by chikane
Are you a student or do you work?
Why you depressed?

IDK i'm fat and depressed and i'm a student i don't work
Reply 82
Original post by Anonymous
yeah thanx ....

Just kidding, just have a bit of willpower and go on a high carb low fat diet, there are a fair few studies by solid nutrionists that carbs are only converted to fat well past your maintenance, the downside being all dietary fat is stored. But if you're on a very low fat diet it won't be a problem. :smile: I've come to the conclusion that's why professional Bodybuilders have always stuck to very low fat diets, simply through trial and error rather than any empirical evidence.

Lean meats/fish and lot's of grains and veggies :smile:
Has @SophieSmall commented yet? (I am too lazy to check)

If not, then google TDEE and find out yours, then eat 500 calories less than that per day to lose 1lb a week.

No need for a detox, any specific type of diet etc. Losing weight is genuinely just a matter of eating less.
Yeah i don't think i'm ready either. I'm a complete yo yo dieter i've lost weight previously only to put it back on :frown:

Ok you make me sad. You cna do it if you want. ive done it.

1lb a week you cna manage. work out how long that would take you.
Fat is good. Fats keeps me warm ^_^
Aren't we all
Reply 87
Exercise more and eat less.
I'm a female i weight 10: 7 stone and i'm like 5 foot 0 or 1 so i'm basically short and fat it depresses me i HATE cooking for myself so i just tend to eat one meal big fatty meal per day so i don't have to think about preparing food throughout the day someone help me !! I'm feeling depressed looking at my pot belly ew!

Hi, first of all stop with the self hatred and putting yourself down it is getting you nowhere.

Secondly ignore anyone telling you go on ridiculous detoxes, telling you to cut out entire food groups (such as carbs) or fad diets, and if you have a habit of doing those then stop it. They're pointless, don't work and are the lazy mans way out.

The logistics of weight loss are very simple, if you eat less calories than your body burns in a day you will lose weight, if you eat on par with your calorific needs you will maintain weight and if you eat above your calorific needs you gain weight.

To find out your calorific needs you need to calculate your TDEE here:
http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

that's the amount of calories a day your body needs to maintain its weight dependant on: age, height, weight, gender and activity level (though some medical conditions can alter this).

If you eat below your TDEE you will lose weight. How much weight and how fast depends on how much of a calorie deficit you are in. You should aim to eat approximately 500 calories less a day to lose about 1lb per week (as 1lb of fat is approx 3500 calories). It is that simple. However don't be discouraged if you find some weeks you don't see the scale go down, sometimes you will see the scale go down a massive jump, sometimes steady and others nothing at all. Also be aware a fluctuation in a couple of lbs is perfectly normal (especially for women around the time of their monthly cycle) this is fluid not fat.

You should count your calories on www.myfitnesspal.com it's quick and easy. Be sure o be accurate when counting your calories, and don't forget things like sauces, drinks and oil when cooking these are things people often forget to count but can make a big calorific difference. If after 4-6 weeks you haven;t seen a shift in the scales you're either not counting your calories accurately and are eating more than you think or you're not at a big enough deficit (remember TDEE is no 100% accurate but it is a good start) so reduce your calories by another couple of hundred calories and reassess in another 4-6 weeks.

In terms of diet, what food you eat has little to no affect on weight loss. It's the calories. However you should aim to eat a balanced diet not just for health reasons but also for satiation and to keep you sane.

Remember not to throw yourself in at the deep end or torture yourself with calorie goals that are too strict, because you will be miserable and you will almost certainly give up. You didn't get to this weight over night, so don't expect to reach your goal over night either.

If you find yourself plateauing in weight loss after losing quite a bit f weight that is likely because the less you weigh the lower your TDEE so you may no longer be in a large enough calorie deficit to keep maintaining your steady weight loss at the same amount of calories. SO through your weight loss journey keep checking your TDEE and adjusting your calorific intake accordingly.

Once you have reached your weight loss goal (and you will) recalculate your TDEE as it will be lower. Eat that amount of calories a day on average and you will maintain your weight. As remember you can't justgo back to eating as much as you did before, you got to this weight for a reason.

As you can see from this (probably too long) post weight loss is logistically very simple, it's sticking to it that is hard. If you;re going to do this you're going to have to put your al in it, it is a lifestyle change and not a diet you have to leave your excuses at the door.

@Inexorably :wink:
Original post by SophieSmall
Hi, first of all stop with the self hatred and putting yourself down it is getting you nowhere.

Secondly ignore anyone telling you go on ridiculous detoxes, telling you to cut out entire food groups (such as carbs) or fad diets, and if you have a habit of doing those then stop it. They're pointless, don't work and are the lazy mans way out.

The logistics of weight loss are very simple, if you eat less calories than your body burns in a day you will lose weight, if you eat on par with your calorific needs you will maintain weight and if you eat above your calorific needs you gain weight.

that's the amount of calories a day your body needs to maintain its weight dependant on: age, height, weight, gender and activity level (though some medical conditions can alter this).

If you eat below your TDEE you will lose weight. How much weight and how fast depends on how much of a calorie deficit you are in. You should aim to eat approximately 500 calories less a day to lose about 1lb per week (as 1lb of fat is approx 3500 calories). It is that simple. However don't be discouraged if you find some weeks you don't see the scale go down, sometimes you will see the scale go down a massive jump, sometimes steady and others nothing at all. Also be aware a fluctuation in a couple of lbs is perfectly normal (especially for women around the time of their monthly cycle) this is fluid not fat.

You should count your calories on www.myfitnesspal.com it's quick and easy. Be sure o be accurate when counting your calories, and don't forget things like sauces, drinks and oil when cooking these are things people often forget to count but can make a big calorific difference. If after 4-6 weeks you haven;t seen a shift in the scales you're either not counting your calories accurately and are eating more than you think or you're not at a big enough deficit (remember TDEE is no 100% accurate but it is a good start) so reduce your calories by another couple of hundred calories and reassess in another 4-6 weeks.

In terms of diet, what food you eat has little to no affect on weight loss. It's the calories. However you should aim to eat a balanced diet not just for health reasons but also for satiation and to keep you sane.

Remember not to throw yourself in at the deep end or torture yourself with calorie goals that are too strict, because you will be miserable and you will almost certainly give up. You didn't get to this weight over night, so don't expect to reach your goal over night either.

If you find yourself plateauing in weight loss after losing quite a bit f weight that is likely because the less you weigh the lower your TDEE so you may no longer be in a large enough calorie deficit to keep maintaining your steady weight loss at the same amount of calories. SO through your weight loss journey keep checking your TDEE and adjusting your calorific intake accordingly.

Once you have reached your weight loss goal (and you will) recalculate your TDEE as it will be lower. Eat that amount of calories a day on average and you will maintain your weight. As remember you can't justgo back to eating as much as you did before, you got to this weight for a reason.

As you can see from this (probably too long) post weight loss is logistically very simple, it's sticking to it that is hard. If you;re going to do this you're going to have to put your al in it, it is a lifestyle change and not a diet you have to leave your excuses at the door.

Yeah this is basically what I said isn't it :wink:
Original post by Inexorably
Yeah this is basically what I said isn't it :wink:

Yeah bit I padded it out beyond necessity. :tongue:
Yeah bit I padded it out beyond necessity. :tongue:

Haha you were definitely more helpful, I rarely have the energy to commit typing that much to a post and just expect people to fill in the blanks :tongue:
eat less calories than your TDEE, it's not rocket surgery
I'm a female i weight 10: 7 stone and i'm like 5 foot 0 or 1 so i'm basically short and fat it depresses me i HATE cooking for myself so i just tend to eat one meal big fatty meal per day so i don't have to think about preparing food throughout the day someone help me !! I'm feeling depressed looking at my pot belly ew!

why don't you join the Gym or just spend 30 to an hour on the exercise like cardio
i am 5'0 foot too but i weigh 7 stone
and you don't need to put a lot of effort in
just grab an apple and eat it for snacks
or for lunch or dinner- there are many videos on healthy meals
for you belly do a plank for at least 1 min
i did it for 2 min and i just realised that i have muscles
:h:
(edited 8 years ago)

You have achieved an A* grade:awesome:
I keep reading I'm getting fart in the latest discussions column.
A usual meal? usually i eat a lot of takeouts burgers, fries, subway with nachos, fizzy drinks, big packets of crisps, more fizzy drinks, chocolate, I often eat a few of these in one go around 12/1pm if i wake up late then i don't have to think about food later on so yea... it's so bad i have no discipline and no control which makes my life miserable as i feel i have no control over my life

This is the main issue. You need to change your diet completely. People confuse the concept of a diet with a temporary change to what you eat, until you get a certain result. This wrong. Your diet must be consistent. I must be simple, It must enjoyable. For this to work, you have to get up and cook. Clean your kitchen, start going shopping and research recipes. You need a diet that is moderate in all things, fats, proteins etc. You need to eat until you are not hungry, NOT FULL. If you feel as if your belly is about to burst, this is bad. Regulate how many meals you eat in a day, so about three meals in a day. Snacks must be healthy and only to sustain energy levels, concentration etc. Start exercising as well, it will make you healthier and burn fay quicker. Don't worry about counting calories. Try as vegetarian diet, if you are really that bad at cooking, it's a lot simpler.
Use myfitnesspal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
yes i do and i'm not being ungrateful i'm just feeling a little depressed :frown:

Depressed why??
Reply 99

Yup. I'm 23, 5'3 and have never been overweight but am now pushing 11 stone. I'm about a size 12 at the moment, I never wanted to be anything over a size 10 but if I carry on as I am I'll be size 14 very soon.

The thing is, it's entirely my fault. There's been no change in my health, I just can't stop stuffing my face. Urrrrrgh.

Quick Reply

Latest