AuroraU
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Anyone on TSR who goes/ went to Seven Kings sixth form, in London? I had an offer to study there and it seems like a really good school, what do you think?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

Smunir
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AuroraU)
Anyone on TSR who goes/ went to Seven Kings sixth form, in London? I had an offer to study there and it seems like a really good school, what do you think?
It’s rubbish
Shadynaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Smunir)
It’s rubbish
Do you go there?
I'm considering whether I should.
And do they make you do an interview? If you know
ayushquettic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Shadynaz)
Do you go there?
I'm considering whether I should.
And do they make you do an interview? If you know
Hello!

I attend the secondary school so hopefully mu insight will be of some benefit.
Here are some things you should know:

- I believe there is an interview for external applicants - correct me if otherwise.
- It wouldn't be very objective to say it is "rubbish", as the person previously cited. Yes, it may not pump out as many Oxbridge students as some other sixth forms, but at the same time it's important to remember that no-matter your academic ability the school will take you in and push you to your best; whereas, in some other schools you may've been rejected due to the academic status quo of the competition.
- It is undeniably a 'community school' - the motto is taken very seriously and resonates within the school. You will get the support you need if you're aiming for top Universities/Russel Group. The Maths, History and English departments are also very good.
- Did you attend the open day? If you weren't able to make it, the school does happily provide guided tours to candidates.
- I have often heard people dislike it for having a 'small' campus, yet it's incredibly subjective and shouldn't be a considered factor when deciding on a sixth form/FE institute.
Nonetheless, with all the help and support the secondary school offers, it excites me to think about how the sixth form could even exceed that with the bar set so high.
If you do have any questions, preferably more specific ones (since it's important to maintain your impartiality) do ask!
Shadynaz
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ayushquettic)
Hello!

I attend the secondary school so hopefully mu insight will be of some benefit.
Here are some things you should know:

- I believe there is an interview for external applicants - correct me if otherwise.
- It wouldn't be very objective to say it is "rubbish", as the person previously cited. Yes, it may not pump out as many Oxbridge students as some other sixth forms, but at the same time it's important to remember that no-matter your academic ability the school will take you in and push you to your best; whereas, in some other schools you may've been rejected due to the academic status quo of the competition.
- It is undeniably a 'community school' - the motto is taken very seriously and resonates within the school. You will get the support you need if you're aiming for top Universities/Russel Group. The Maths, History and English departments are also very good.
- Did you attend the open day? If you weren't able to make it, the school does happily provide guided tours to candidates.
- I have often heard people dislike it for having a 'small' campus, yet it's incredibly subjective and shouldn't be a considered factor when deciding on a sixth form/FE institute.
Nonetheless, with all the help and support the secondary school offers, it excites me to think about how the sixth form could even exceed that with the bar set so high.
If you do have any questions, preferably more specific ones (since it's important to maintain your impartiality) do ask!
I was wondering what kind of extracurricular activities they offer. Do they do work experince?

And no I was unable to attend the open evening, and I have already submitted the application so I guess it doesn't matter now. I mean i got invited.. but i had a mock the day after. Did not want to risk my grade just to look at some building.
ayushquettic
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Shadynaz)
I was wondering what kind of extracurricular activities they offer. Do they do work experince?

And no I was unable to attend the open evening, and I have already submitted the application so I guess it doesn't matter now. I mean i got invited.. but i had a mock the day after. Did not want to risk my grade just to look at some building.
Hello!

If you see on the application website it does state they offer guided tours, so it does still matter! I strongly encourage you to not blindly apply for any sixth form.
They provide you with work experience contacts; however, it's up to you to proactively take them.
For extra-curriculars they're quite a lot! Each department runs their own, along with each society. The Music/PE/Drama/Art departments have quite a lot as well. They're open to all pupils. However, it's better to gauge that during a tour.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (470)
66.67%
No (235)
33.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise