Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I glt 9A*s at GCSE (+2As)
    But at AS I got BDDE

I would like to study medicine and think that post grad is probably going to be my only option becuase I am finding it really hard to recover from last year.

Last year I had an eye operation on both eyes and couldn't see for 2 weeks becuase of this (luckily only missed one week of school) However I had been struggling a lot with double vision and problems getting my eyes to focus.

I also had depression (severe last year) but now it is not as bad - I am on medication for it

I am trying my hardest but realistically 3As isn't gonna happen.

I don't want to have to do post grad as doing one degree is expensive enough and I don't think I will be able to afford anothe until I'm 30 ish.

Do you think med schools will be more lenient and let me do medicine for less than 3As ?
    currently in A2 and 1 interview coming up 3 rejections

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabe medic)
    Hi

I glt 9A*s at GCSE (+2As)
    But at AS I got BDDE

I would like to study medicine and think that post grad is probably going to be my only option becuase I am finding it really hard to recover from last year.

Last year I had an eye operation on both eyes and couldn't see for 2 weeks becuase of this (luckily only missed one week of school) However I had been struggling a lot with double vision and problems getting my eyes to focus.

I also had depression (severe last year) but now it is not as bad - I am on medication for it

I am trying my hardest but realistically 3As isn't gonna happen.

I don't want to have to do post grad as doing one degree is expensive enough and I don't think I will be able to afford anothe until I'm 30 ish.

Do you think med schools will be more lenient and let me do medicine for less than 3As ?
    currently in A2 and 1 interview coming up 3 rejections
    Where is you're interview for this year?
    And yes, it's possible.
    In my AS year i got BBBd.
    I'm in my A2 year and I've so far got two interviews.
    Hard to believe, I know. I nearly gave on the career of medicine because of what I got at AS and I know that I can get those A grades at A2. I did a little research and there are foundation courses for medicine with lower entry requirements. The lowest being BBC at Southampton I believe.
    I believe foundation courses are one of the best things out there for future medics when they don't have the right requirements but still have the above and beyond passion to study medicine.
    There are many foundation courses available including kings, queen Mary, Nottingham, Southampton, Cardiff, etc..
    Obviously you have to check whether u fit the entry requirements, I only fit into two of them so I could only apply to two medical schools with foundation years.
    However, I am now eligible to three as I moved houses so this gives me the benefit of applying next year if I don't get in this year.

Good luck!
    I recommend not going for graduate entry medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.