Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone going to the UEA (norwich uni for those who dont know!!)??

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully. French and Spanish. You?

ReputationRep:
    yes, maths

ReputationRep:
    Business management for me at UEA

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! I will be going to UEA in sept for Masters in Bioinformatics!

ReputationRep:
    I had an offer and really liked the look of the uni and courses, etc. Unfortunatly its just so far away and it was between UEA and Birmingham so I choose Birmingham purely because of the convenience (there was literaly nothing between them).

ReputationRep:
    indeed, hopefully. Art History in September.

ReputationRep:
    History at UEA for me (hopefully anyway) 2 days until i find out!

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to UEA, to study speech and language therapy! hopefully!! i'm really excited and nervous too though! my first choice accomodation is that new block 'coleman house' is it called??? i hope i get it when do we find out...

ReputationRep:
    Sent off my confirmation slip 2day!! Am doin Maths at UEA any other maths peeps wanna pm or just reply on ere! I hav no idea wot i need to take or nethin?! Are we gna b posted dat kinda info neone no??

ReputationRep:
    PPE at UEA for me and apparently I'm staying in Colman house, but i don't really know anything about it, haven't even seen pictures!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be going in September to study Biology. Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    I should be in the village but don't think its been confirmed yet,
    Any UAers fancy chatting send me a private message.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to do the english lit and creative writing course but am really worried! does anyone know what the uni/the course is like? and do everyone who is going already know people there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nataliee)
    i'm going to do the english lit and creative writing course but am really worried! does anyone know what the uni/the course is like? and do everyone who is going already know people there?
    Congrats on managing to get on to a creative writing course at uea. I know a guy who applied with 3 A's at AS last year and was rejected without an interview.. Not sure exactly what course he applied for, though.

ReputationRep:
    hi, anyone doing film in september? :eek:

im doing film and television and im really looking forward to it but hell im scared too
    anyway congrats everyone else who got in

ellio x

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, me new here

im going uea, doing science
    got my accomidation letter, im staying in the village

anyone else staying there? god im so nervous, i dont know anyone there.. who am i meant to go out with during freshers week

has any1 seen the rooms in university village? are they big or what? cos in the pictures they look kinda small, i dunno! havent seen them myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_persian)

anyone else staying there? god im so nervous, i dont know anyone there.. who am i meant to go out with during freshers week

has any1 seen the rooms in university village? are they big or what? cos in the pictures they look kinda small, i dunno! havent seen them myself
    I was in the village last year. The rooms aren't too bad, average size I would say. If you haven't seen the bathrooms, you'll be a bit shocked (I was!) as they're much smaller and not as nice as the ones in Nelson/Constable/Colman. Quite a lot of desk space, though.

You go out with the other people in your flat, that's how you make friends

ReputationRep:
    ye true, im so nervous.

so the bathrooms small?? hmmm, as long as theres enough space in the room to move about and relax and be cosy then im happy

hey, since u stayed in the village, whats the internet speed connection like.. and can we play online games?? i dont think i can stay away from americas army for too long!!!!!!

does the uni help in any way with ppl whoo have financial problems??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pure_persian)
    ye true, im so nervous.

so the bathrooms small?? hmmm, as long as theres enough space in the room to move about and relax and be cosy then im happy

hey, since u stayed in the village, whats the internet speed connection like.. and can we play online games?? i dont think i can stay away from americas army for too long!!!!!!

does the uni help in any way with ppl whoo have financial problems??
    The connection speed is good now, the same as on campus (10Mb). You can download a full 700Mb movie in 15 minutes . You're not supposed to play games online, but we did all the time, all year, and were never told to stop.

Edit: The uni does help with financial problems. They give out an additional £200 loan which you have to pay back by an agreed date, and they also give a £300 grant to people in severe financial trouble which you don't have to pay back.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 8, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.