Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    10MB?!!!!!?!?!?!?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOW

oh good god, that means no lag on americas army, or ultima online, or command and conquare. it also means failing exams lol

i read in the TAC that u cant run a server on the network, shame that

but hell if u can get away with playing games lol.

so whats norwich like, me living in london for 15 years, will i like norwich? what are the people like? is there a shopping center there like we have in london? virgin megastores?

and the £13.7 sports center sounds good, lots of swimming and days at the gym

ReputationRep:
    Norwich is a good city, but fairly small. No virgin megastore, but there is a large shopping centre. They're also building a new bigger mall near the city centre which I think is supposed to be open in about a year..

You can't run a permanent server, but you can get away with opening one for a few hours to play online. At the end of last year they banned all file sharing programs but I was never kicked off and I used kazaa and BT a lot. I do know some people who were kicked off after downloading just a few songs though, so be careful.

ReputationRep:
    kicked off the network was that or what? i really wanna download films, surely they dont expect u to have access to a 10mb connection and not use it?! Maybe theres a different port number you could use to download.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i've been landed with accommodation at waveney terrace...is anyone else going there? is it really as bad as everyone says ("swedish prison block")?!

ReputationRep:
    is that the one where their doing the building work and it only cost £20 a week rent?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    u scrared me there! so i phoned up and luckily i'm on the other side to the building work.
    do u know anything else about the place?

ReputationRep:
    hey chris i am from Norwich and there is a virgn megastore here!

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone doing? First chance I've had to get online lol

I'm in the Village (Oak House) - the room/pod is smaller than I had expected, a bit like a caravan but at least I've got a bathroom at all ! Getting on well with everybody in my flat which is good. Anyone going to the Trevor Nelson thing on Saturday ?

I'm really worried about downloading songs... I do it all the time and I'm deffo not gonna be loading Kazaa or anything on here. They've confirmed that they're okay with the legal ones like iTunes though. Do you think I'll get away with downloading the odd mp3 from online? I mean they're not to know whether it's legal or not. I am a bit paranoid about it though - don't like they'll cut off your connection with no warning ! I don't want to have to start buying singles again ! :mad:

Seems a shame to have such a fast connection but not be able to do anything with it... oh well. Hope everyone's having a good time !

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking the same as u! want to download songs and not pay for them especially with a good connection! but deffo dont wana risk them cutting me off! Are you doing business management ben??? Im in constable at uea and all my house mates are cool.

CF

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, I'm doing Business Management and am living in brand spanking new Colman. It's great here, my flatmates are really cool and we all seem to get on pretty well.

It was one of our flatmates 24th birthday on Saturday so we hired a stripper to surprise him! £120 for her to get her wabs out but it was a bit of a rip off as she only 'performed' for about 15mins.

I'm finding lectures rather boring as it seems to just involve the lecturer reading out the notes for an hour. Having done Business Studies for A-Level, it means that this first year contains alot of repetition for me though. Seminars are much better though, with the smaller groups you can get a bit more involved.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbbyAbbi)
    hey chris i am from Norwich and there is a virgn megastore here!
    Yea, i thought it was just a regular virgin store because it's quite small, but I went passed it on the bus a few days back and saw that it was a megastore!

You shouldn't be disconnected from the network for using kazaa even if you use it all the time. I had it almost permanently connected after they had banned it. Two people in my block were kicked off for downloading just 1 song though, so be careful. If you do get kicked off, go to the IT department and tell them that you wont use it again and they will reconnect you.

ReputationRep:
    I live in norwich, but dont go to UEA

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.