Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Struggling with guilt... turns out he had a gf Watch

I've just found out the guy I've been seeing for the past few months has a girlfriend.

I had no idea. I've been spending 2-3 nights per week with him. We regularly go on dates, he has met my family etc. I only found out because I seen a text from her and I confronted him about it and he told me! He said he thought I knew. He then went on to say he was sorry if my feelings had been hurt but then just shrugged, like he wasn't bothered.

I'm completely gobsmacked, I can't get my head around this at all.

His response has thrown me off guard more than anything, how can he think what he has been doing is ok? He said he is happy with this girl but that he enjoys our friendship & can't seem to resist the temptation of me?

I feel so guilty on this girl, I genuinely had no idea. and him, I can't even figure out how to evaluate it.

What do I do? Do I just leave him to it? Do I tell her? I even feel guilty for being upset because I know what he's done to his gf is much worse.

Any advice? I can't even bare to break the news to my friends so I can talk about it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her

ReputationRep:
    Just remember, it's not your fault. While you could have asked a question, it would be stupid of any man to get into something intimate with another girl when he had a girl already.

Personally . . .tell her!

I was talking to someone over xmas . .thought this guy is really nice. I was on facebook . .on my friends profile. Was looking through her friends, and I saw his fb profile . .. and there he is posing with his Brunette girlfriend.

I've called him out on it . . and now he's gone quiet! I don't care as I have nothing to lose, but I don't see why these dog of men should get away with such shite! Also why should he remain happy, after he's hurt you. Nah . . .tell her, OP. . . tell her!

I want to tell her and morally I think it is the right thing to do but at the same time I don't want to upset her.

I've been cheated on before and it really messes you up when it comes to trusting men again :-(

ReputationRep:
    Her being heartbroken by the revelation of infidelity is better than her remaining with scum for any longer.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I want to tell her and morally I think it is the right thing to do but at the same time I don't want to upset her.

I've been cheated on before and it really messes you up when it comes to trusting men again :-(
    I think you should tell her. She may choose to stay with him but that should be her decision to make. It's not fair to let her continue living a lie. She'll get over it and start trusting men again at some point. You did didn't you?

ReputationRep:
    I've just found out the guy I've been seeing for the past few months has a girlfriend.

I had no idea. I've been spending 2-3 nights per week with him. We regularly go on dates, he has met my family etc. I only found out because I seen a text from her and I confronted him about it and he told me! He said he thought I knew. He then went on to say he was sorry if my feelings had been hurt but then just shrugged, like he wasn't bothered.

I'm completely gobsmacked, I can't get my head around this at all.

His response has thrown me off guard more than anything, how can he think what he has been doing is ok? He said he is happy with this girl but that he enjoys our friendship & can't seem to resist the temptation of me?

I feel so guilty on this girl, I genuinely had no idea. and him, I can't even figure out how to evaluate it.

What do I do? Do I just leave him to it? Do I tell her? I even feel guilty for being upset because I know what he's done to his gf is much worse.

Any advice? I can't even bare to break the news to my friends so I can talk about it.
    Would you want someone to tell you if it was the other way around?

You are all right.

Yes if this was me I would want to know and eventually I would get over it.

I suppose I am just being a wimp about it. *sigh*

I managed to find her Instagram and I done some stalking. She is always posting stuff of them together, she just sounds so happy. Her last post with him was only three days ago.

I managed to find her Instagram and I done some stalking. She is always posting stuff of them together, she just sounds so happy. Her last post with him was only three days ago.
    If you think she deserves to be cheated on and lied to, don't tell her. If you don't think she deserves this, do tell her. It's up to you.

ReputationRep:
    What if they are in an open relationship?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.