Marvel Comics/ Graphic Novels Watch

zoeelizabeth
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Soooooo... I wanted to make a thread for any newbies wanting to start reading Marvel comics/graphic novels since I am one of them

If anyone out there is an expert in Marvel, could you post some tips on where one should start when wanting to read comics?

I was going to subscribe to 'The Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection' but I read a lot of mixed reviews about the whole thing.

Thanks in advance!
katierthompson
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Amazon/ eBay might be a good place to go to if you plan on getting a bunch. I live near Brighton which has a few comic book stores which can be expensive but they are the real deal. Or there's another store which is like a secondhand shop that sells ones from the 90s I think for about 70p each ) it's just a case of looking around to be honest but I wish you luck

P.s I just wrote all of this realising you created this in February but I'll post it anyway just in case
katierthompson
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I also read your interests and see you're a fellow fan of Bry have you had the chance of seeing him live yet?
TitanCream
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zoeelizabeth)
Soooooo... I wanted to make a thread for any newbies wanting to start reading Marvel comics/graphic novels since I am one of them

If anyone out there is an expert in Marvel, could you post some tips on where one should start when wanting to read comics?

I was going to subscribe to 'The Ultimate Graphic Novel Collection' but I read a lot of mixed reviews about the whole thing.

Thanks in advance!
Hey! I would personally recommend that you start with the 'iconic' series which you could easily find in your library! If you are interested give me an email.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.67%
No I haven't decided yet (34)
19.88%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.45%

Watched Threads