Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

New driver - I bumped into a car in traffic!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    I only been driving since November, and today I somehow stupidly went into a car at night,

We were in slow traffic, and I looked out the left side window for like a second and the next thing I know theres bang, I must have took my foot off the break, we both got out, because it was dark, couldnt see any dents,

I was so scared and didnt want to go through insurance because it will deffo go up, and wanted to sort it then and there, I offered to pay for any costs and I gave her 100 and she was nice about it, and she said, if there is no damage, she would give the money back, she gave me her number and I said, I call her later to ask about any damages, I'm still shocked, and I called her twice, and she's not answering and I left a text.

At this moment, I think there was no damage and she doesnt want to give the money back, but that doesnt bother me.

She took photos of my car, and drivers licence.

I feel so naive.

As annoying as it is, it's always worth reporting any incidents to your own insurance company. She may call her own insurance and make some sort of story up, and if you haven't reported it your insurance company will want to know why. As nice as she was when it happened, people can't always be trusted to stay nice.

I don't think you'll see any of that money back either, but then I'm a cynic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennyboyben)
    x
    In future use your phone to record the incidents that means every part of the car. You should phone your insurance company and tell them what has happened. Try not to worry about it to much as you can't change anything now

ReputationRep:
    Op, the £100 was enough, there was no need for her to take a photo of your license. Anyways, there's no need crying over split milk. Just keep trying to contact her, she just might be nice. Better late than sorry I would say, call your insurance now. Don't worry yourself!

ReputationRep:
    You really shouldn't have given her any money like that...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.