Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How important is sex in your relationship? Watch

Is it a big deal , Is it not? what do you think?

If I could get a relationship, the sex would be quite important. Obv. @ the beginning things would take some working at, knowing what each other likes and etc.

ReputationRep:
    Very important (If I was actually in one. :sigh:)

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    If I could get a relationship, the sex would be quite important. Obv. @ the beginning things would take some working at, knowing what each other likes and etc.
    So for it to gradually get better and more pleasurable? Interesting

(Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Very important (If I was actually in one. :sigh:)
    Why so?

Sex has gone from my relationship, soul destroying

(Original post by Anonymous)
    That's what I've heard from friends :dontknow: . .sex isn't always the best to begin with, but as the relationship grows, sex gets better!

ReputationRep:
    Is it a big deal , Is it not? what do you think?
    yes it is important. Intimacy (and that involves more than just sex) is one of the most important building blocks of a relationship and for maintaining it.

Oh gods yes. As you progress and learn each others bodies it gets better

(Original post by silverbolt)
    yes it is important. Intimacy (and that involves more than just sex) is one of the most important building blocks of a relationship and for maintaining it.

Oh gods yes. As you progress and learn each others bodies it gets better
    Fair enough, so it would be detrimental if the person was a virgin? Because some relationships are sexless.

(Original post by DancinBallerina)
    That's what I've heard from friends :dontknow: . .sex isn't always the best to begin with, but as the relationship grows, sex gets better!
    So sex can also be used to communicate if something is going wrong or friction between each other?

ReputationRep:
    For most sex is pretty vital to maintain a healthy relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I could live without it. I think I'm the only straight guy in the world that doesn't gaf about sex. If my wife wanted it, fair enough, but I'm not bothered either way/ :/

ReputationRep:
    Fair enough, so it would be detrimental if the person was a virgin? Because some relationships are sexless.
    That depends entirely on the people involved, Personally I wouldnt get involved with someone who doesnt want to have sex/is sexually expressive - as i am an emtionally and physically open person.

But each to thier own

(Original post by Proxenus)
    For most sex is pretty vital to maintain a healthy relationship.
    Fair enough but what if it gets worse or for example, long distance relationships? Does the relationship turn into love more and when they see each other, it becomes lust?

ReputationRep:
    firstly you gotta work it out...
    some people want to be in the relationship only for sex
    yet some people first find out each other's interests and understanding one another
    then you can think about sex; only if you are comfortable with each other and you think that you can maintain the relationship (maybe getting marry in future)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    don't fight on me... it's just my own opinion

(Original post by silverbolt)
    That depends entirely on the people involved, Personally I wouldnt get involved with someone who doesnt want to have sex/is sexually expressive - as i am an emtionally and physically open person.

But each to thier own
    Fair play, it is nice to feel the other person and admire their assets and goodies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spv)
    Honestly, I could live without it. I think I'm the only straight guy in the world that doesn't gaf about sex. If my wife wanted it, fair enough, but I'm not bothered either way/ :/
    you are my type of person
    I honestly hate sexual interaction

(Original post by fatima1998)
    firstly you gotta work it out...
    some people want to be in the relationship only for sex
    yet some people first find out each other's interests and understanding one another
    then you can think about sex; only if you are comfortable with each other and you think that you can maintain the relationship (maybe getting marry in future)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    don't fight on me... it's just my own opinion
    Interesting , but could sex also tighten the bond so in other words, because it's amazing, he or she will want to hold onto that person for a long period of time. And learning about someone else all over again can be tedious..?

So sex can also be used to communicate if something is going wrong or friction between each other?
    :facepalm: No! You don't use sex as a form of communication to fix friction between you and someone!

(Original post by spv)
    So are you more about pleasing her?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 4, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.