Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Like how much time do people spend studying? GCSEs are in less than 100 DAYS and I'm barely finding any sort of motives to study On top of this my mocks were bad but not that bad that I just stare at books and... my parents.... renewed the NETFLIX subscription so that's allllll I've been doing this half term... HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tantings)
    Like how much time do people spend studying? GCSEs are in less than 100 DAYS and I'm barely finding any sort of motives to study On top of this my mocks were bad but not that bad that I just stare at books and... my parents.... renewed the NETFLIX subscription so that's allllll I've been doing this half term... HELP
    100 days? Think 13 weeks... It sounds better! I'm in the same boat. I was supposed to start revising three weeks ago and so far nothing has happened. I don't think it's that bad, we still have time! I'm the same with Netflix- finally on season 4 of Once Upon A Time We still have time though so we'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    I never revised at all until I made a revision timetable on Saturday lol. I revised 3 hours a day on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, about an hour on Wednesday and today I haven't done any at all today because The Legend of Zelda is too good
    I'm going to try 2 hours a day once school starts; I only did 3 hours because of half term

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sora_)
    I never revised at all until I made a revision timetable on Saturday lol. I revised 3 hours a day on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday, about an hour on Wednesday and today I haven't done any at all today because The Legend of Zelda is too good
    I'm going to try 2 hours a day once school starts; I only did 3 hours because of half term
    Maybe I'll try a revision timetable in the morning then... Good luck with two hours a day! I'm not sure I could have the dedication or time to commit to that! One of my best friend's doing the same thing though so it is possible.

ReputationRep:
    try and use the TSR revision sessions those are really useful on average I've revised 6 hours a day but I only just started GCSE revision so I have to work really fast :/

ReputationRep:
    I take it by topics - so I did physics and maths today, 3 pages to finish P1, 3 maths topics. Another day I'll do a past paper for Eng Lang, and that'll be all. It really depends on you, your subjects, and how much you need to cover. Good luck,dude.

ReputationRep:
    Cut down entertainment, increase revision

ReputationRep:
    Thank you everyone!
    A good thing that I do is just give my phone t my parents so i know I cant get distracted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ara8311a)
    Maybe I'll try a revision timetable in the morning then... Good luck with two hours a day! I'm not sure I could have the dedication or time to commit to that! One of my best friend's doing the same thing though so it is possible.
    Of course it's possible. Some people revise 5+ hours a day with 15 mins break once in a while

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got any tips because over the past few days I've been revising around 4 hours a day but at the end of it all I just feel like nothings went in, its so frustrating and makes me feel much more unmotivated to keep going

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aniiforever)
    Of course it's possible. Some people revise 5+ hours a day with 15 mins break once in a while
    I know it's possible but I always seem to get distracted. Tomorrow will be a new day and I will try to work through the day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bslevin)
    Anyone got any tips because over the past few days I've been revising around 4 hours a day but at the end of it all I just feel like nothings went in, its so frustrating and makes me feel much more unmotivated to keep going
    When I revise I tend to break my revision into smaller periods. For me it tends to be forty minutes before I lose my focus. Four hours straight would be a bit of a nightmare and would make me unmotivated too.

In the breaks I ask myself questions to try to recall what I've just learnt. Sometimes whilst I'm revising I cover what I've just done and force myself to remember what I've just done. I hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    Always be optimistic when revising!

ReputationRep:
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol you don't even need 100 days to revise for GCSES they're that easy

ReputationRep:
    http://www.G.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3895377 check out my GYG for info on how I revise. I highly recommend revision timetables as they help you to know what to revise when. Also, during half term, I've basically just set myself targets for revision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.