Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am doing the Foundation programme at University of Derby. I am quite happy with the university and I got my offer for single honour. But recently I heard a conversation in the lift that some students applied via ucas for other universities and got accepted. I thought the whole time that I have to stay for to study 4 years in Derby. Now, I am asking myself if I could apply for clearing in summer for another university?! Did someone experience that?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Universities do not always consider applicants who did a foundation year elsewhere. You could enter clearing but you would have to decline your Derby offer first, that is a big risk - there's a chance you wouldn't get in anywhere and then you'd be stuffed. I suggest you email the universities you're interested in and ask them if they'd consider applicants with a Derby foundation year through clearing. If you get positive responses it might be worth the risk, if not, stick with Derby.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, because I am really mad that the university hide that information and tried to convinced us that its only possible to study at their university. I am really unhappy in Derby and my personal circumstances just don't allow me to continue to study and live in Derby.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am having this same issue too but I have had a conditional offer from another university, does anyone have any updates? Would I be able to transfer universities?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.