The Student Room Group

Dragon Naturally Speaking and exams

Our son uses dragon for his course work, for updating notes and has done through SecondAry school for exams.
Is anyone using Dragon on their own or a University Laptop/computer?
How does it work that you do this?
What have the University put in place to mKe sure you are not accessing files already loaded on the computer and that you can't cheat?
What did you have to do to get this to happen?
Have you had a battle with the Disability Unit or the Exams office to get to use Dragon?
Have you been stopped from using Dragon for exams and have to use, maybe an amanuensis ( scribe)?
Is the exam setup different to what you were told you would get because you have a disability that says you need Dragon?
Comments on any of these would be extremely welcome,
Thanks. A Mum.
Original post by Wallbridge
Our son uses dragon for his course work, for updating notes and has done through SecondAry school for exams.
Is anyone using Dragon on their own or a University Laptop/computer?
How does it work that you do this?
What have the University put in place to mKe sure you are not accessing files already loaded on the computer and that you can't cheat?
What did you have to do to get this to happen?
Have you had a battle with the Disability Unit or the Exams office to get to use Dragon?
Have you been stopped from using Dragon for exams and have to use, maybe an amanuensis ( scribe)?
Is the exam setup different to what you were told you would get because you have a disability that says you need Dragon?
Comments on any of these would be extremely welcome,
Thanks. A Mum.

Its more likely your son would be offered a scribe or pc use and extra time. I use dragon at home for my work but have pc use and extra time and rest breaks for my exams, however my disability only has a small effect on my typing so the rest breaks make up for that. No one i know with dragon at my university has been able to use it for exams that i know of.

Quick Reply

Latest