Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Having just turned 18 recently and looking forward to going to Uni, I have yet to experience what it is like in either of these places - which I believe a significant amount, if not most, people my age are just as inexperienced. Despite this, it seems that the nightlife of a Uni plays a large role in deciding which Uni people want to go to.

Being a fairly adventurous person at heart, I found myself looking down upon Unis will a bad reputation for nightlife as I do look forward to having a fun time and not just studying all the time.

However, I realised that I am not entirely sure if I am interested in that type of thing yet. I do not drink yet and don't plan to be the type to get hammered regularly, although I am not against a few drinks to create a light buzz. I am really into (perhaps loud) music and dancing, and just being silly with a bunch of mates.

Bearing this and your own experiences in mind, do you think I would be more into the bar scene or the club scene?

The university I am most interested in has a large bar scene but quite a mediocre/poor club scene and I am wondering if this is a significant con to the uni or not. I am also interested in another uni which seems to be great at both but is not as good academically and reputation-wise.

Any thoughts on this?
What's the best type of cheese?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.