The Student Room Group

I will get those grades by golly!

Hey guys! My name irl is Jen, I do Maths (Stats), Bio and Religious Studies for A2. I'm not sitting any resits, but my ASs were decent at best.

I got BBBD at AS, dropped the D (ayyy lmao) and I'm trying to turn those Bs into either AAB, or AAA (hopefully).

Unis I applied to (offer, rejection, pending):
Exeter, Medical Science, AAB inc A/B in bio and B/A in other science subject
Newcastle, Biomed w/ integrated Masters (AAB inc Bio and Chem. Dropped chem so offer is redundant tbh)
Chester, Biomed, BCC inc Bio
Keele, Medicine AAA
Dundee, Medical Science, AAB

I hit the ground running for my A2s, but I've recently hit a rut, and I'm trying to get out of it.

I've gotten two jobs, one in a tuition centre and one with a hospitality agency, because I'm trying to save up for some uni essentials and other such things. The pay for both of these jobs are great, so I'm not complaining, and I'm not really struggling to balance them both as of yet, but we'll see how it goes closer to exam period.

That's all I can think of atm. I'll try to check in semi regularly, so watch this space!
Jen :*
Reply 1
Hey guys, it's been a while.

I'll fill you in properly in a few hours, but I've got my exam timetable, it's really ugly, I have two pairs of exams that are on consecutive days (Eg Monday and Tuesday, then Tuesday and Wednesday the next week) and I have one pair of exams on the exact same day. To say it's hectic is an understatement, my revision and flashcards really have to be on point.

I got rejected from Dundee after a really bad interview, which I'm simultaneously bummed and indifferent about.

I've finished my application, with Exeter as my firm and Chester as my back up. That was a mistake, and I need to ring Chester to withdraw my application.

I'm trying to pick up morning runs, but it's going rough atm, finding it difficult to get out of bed. More in this later.

My school has given us study leave, which I am planning to use effectively. The only question is now revising at home or revising in the library?

My mum has been telling me to draft a uni list for the things I need to buy before the start of term, but I've been very slow to start...

On that vein I've also applied for accommodation at Exeter, which I'm very excited about.

I think that's enough. I'm currently at the library and figured I should update and check in, just to say I'm still around

Anyways, peace
Original post by Herecome_i
Hey guys, it's been a while.

I'll fill you in properly in a few hours, but I've got my exam timetable, it's really ugly, I have two pairs of exams that are on consecutive days (Eg Monday and Tuesday, then Tuesday and Wednesday the next week) and I have one pair of exams on the exact same day. To say it's hectic is an understatement, my revision and flashcards really have to be on point.

I got rejected from Dundee after a really bad interview, which I'm simultaneously bummed and indifferent about.

I've finished my application, with Exeter as my firm and Chester as my back up. That was a mistake, and I need to ring Chester to withdraw my application.

I'm trying to pick up morning runs, but it's going rough atm, finding it difficult to get out of bed. More in this later.

My school has given us study leave, which I am planning to use effectively. The only question is now revising at home or revising in the library?

My mum has been telling me to draft a uni list for the things I need to buy before the start of term, but I've been very slow to start...

On that vein I've also applied for accommodation at Exeter, which I'm very excited about.

I think that's enough. I'm currently at the library and figured I should update and check in, just to say I'm still around

Anyways, peace

Congrats and good luck Sir/Madam Herecome!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending