Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Social media for students? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    problem
    • finding revision resources that are not relevant and go into the depth needed for what I am studying.
    • students rely too much on teachers and overlook the fact that their peers are often a better resource, due to the fact that they can often explain the concept in a more understandable way. The student who is doing the explaining is also benefitting because they are articulating their their knowledge of that concept. Therefore student to student interaction beneficial for both parties.
    • When I end up forming study groups with my friends we often mess around, which results in no work being done.
    • Although I know they will only beneficial, I find it boring to create and am unmotivated to create study materials for myself
    solution
    Social media website for students. Students will share their revision notes, flashcards, mind maps, and other study resources that they use. These are then tagged with different categories eg the exam board, subject and qualification level. Other students can browse and search through the study materials uploaded, to find ones that are relevant to them. These materials along with the student who uploads them will gain some sort of reward to motivate them to create more study materials. Inturn benefiting both them and other students. This will also be a very useful tool for students who want to see how other students in the same shoes as them revise and organise both themselves and their work. Giving them that knowledge that they can use to improve the quality of their work.
    although there may be many websites for this. you either have to pay for the revision notes or these notes a geared towards university students. As a result these websites feel more like a search engine for notes rather than a comprehensive academic profile of the students they are for.

If you've managed to read this far i would love to hear some feedback. constructive or hate. Both are welcome.

The more detailed the better!

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bruh.
    You'll go far....

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.