Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I'm half way through my Access to Science course and have offers for biomedical science. I know it's what I want to do but one thing I struggle with is essays/extended writing. There hasn't been much of that on access so I've been ok but at school I failed badly because of it.

Does anyone currently doing (or already done) biomed know if there are essay questions and have any examples? Also are they used in exams and what format do the exams usually take?

If anyone has gone from access to a science degree such as biomed, how did you find the work load compared to access? At the moment I don't have time for anything except study (mainly because I work slowly) and I'm not sure I can keep it up for another 3 years.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitpicker15)
    Hey everyone,

I'm half way through my Access to Science course and have offers for biomedical science. I know it's what I want to do but one thing I struggle with is essays/extended writing. There hasn't been much of that on access so I've been ok but at school I failed badly because of it.

Does anyone currently doing (or already done) biomed know if there are essay questions and have any examples? Also are they used in exams and what format do the exams usually take?

If anyone has gone from access to a science degree such as biomed, how did you find the work load compared to access? At the moment I don't have time for anything except study (mainly because I work slowly) and I'm not sure I can keep it up for another 3 years.

Thanks
    Obviously the workload will only increase over the next 3 years, uni is much harder than access. There will be both essays, scientific reports, exams and essay questions in exams. I'm sure you'll get some more practice as you get to the end of your access course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruitpicker15)
    Hey everyone,

Thanks
    I am actually very similar to you in that I am hoping to do BioMed and I also struggle with essay writing. From my very brief previous uni experience (computing course), essay writing is a fairly big part of the course, regardless of subject.

I think it's more a matter of time management and starting them early as much as anything. Nothing worse than having an essay due and only a couple days to do it.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.