Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How to make my bullies realize they've made a mistake watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.
    I'm in college at the moment and I'm being bullied because I'm extremely quiet.
    The people I used to hang around with didn't want me around so they ran away from me at lunchtimes. I had a good idea I wasn't wanted there but was waiting for someone to tell me, they didn't.
    They also make fun of me being quiet (they have a conversation about the things i do, without including me in it). They ask a lot of questions (they know I'm quiet and won't get an answer so why ask? Also a lot of the questions are about really personal things). They also think that because I'm quiet that I won't argue back at them. Truth is I'm just biding my time.
    The teachers are not aware of this because they are ****ing useless at everything. They also won't keep it confidential so I'm not gonna tell them about it.
    Is there anything I can do that will make them realize that they've made a mistake in taking the piss out of me.
    I don't have a lot of confidence, this has made it a lot worse and some really hurtful things have been said about me which has made me not able to do anything.
    Preferably non violent ideas please (they're stronger than me).
    Thanks for the help. It's really appreciated.

One thing that has made me feel better, is that the main protagonist (the only girl on my engineering course) has finally realized that everyone hates her. Now she doesn't say a thing to me. She thought that she was really popular but she wasn't. Put it this way, I'm more liked than she is and I'm not liked much at all!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FireFreezer77)
    Hey everyone.
    The people I used to hang around with didn't want me around so they ran away from me at lunchtimes. I had a good idea I wasn't wanted there but was waiting for someone to tell me, they didn't.
    They also make fun of me being quiet (they have a conversation about the things i do, without including me in it). They ask a lot of questions (they know I'm quiet and won't get an answer so why ask? Also a lot of the questions are about really personal things). They also think that because I'm quiet that I won't argue back at them. Truth is I'm just biding my time.
    The teachers are not aware of this because they are ****ing useless at everything. They also won't keep it confidential so I'm not gonna tell them about it.
    Is there anything I can do that will make them realize that they've made a mistake in taking the piss out of me.
    I don't have a lot of confidence, this has made it a lot worse and some really hurtful things have been said about me which has made me not able to do anything.

One thing that has made me feel better, is that the main protagonist (the only girl on my engineering course) has finally realized that everyone hates her. Now she doesn't say a thing to me. She thought that she was really popular but she wasn't. Put it this way, I'm more liked than she is and I'm not liked much at all!
    I don't know what to say really. Whenever i hear things like this i get really pissed of and just want to say kick the **** out of them. However this is not the most appropriate reaction to the situation.

Confront them about it. Ask them if they have a problem. When they come out with irrational, illogical responses, reply with logical ones showing them that they are stupid and oblivious to other peoples situations. Show them that you can stand up for yourself. Only do this however, if the bullying is overt. so if they are saying horrible things to, directly then confront them. Do not confront them if it has been said behind your back, and the horrible information has not yet reached you. They will attack you and you will have no defense.

Apart from this, all i can say is ignore them. You don't need to concern yourself with the rambling of idiotic masses, that can only comprehend the life within a small group and as well as this, isolate and seclude one person they can not even understand.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quiet too, and I often get the impression that people have already made their minds up on what kind of person I am. People generally tend to assume that quietness is a sign of vulnerability. It is not always, and if they are shown that, then they are likely to leave you alone.
    So what I would suggest is that next time you challenge them. Not aggressively, but in a calm, yet authoritative manner. Wait for them to pick on you, don't go rushing into it. Being on the offensive side won't help you at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tailred)
    I don't know what to say really. Whenever i hear things like this i get really pissed of and just want to say kick the **** out of them. However this is not the most appropriate reaction to the situation.

Confront them about it. Ask them if they have a problem. When they come out with irrational, illogical responses, reply with logical ones showing them that they are stupid and oblivious to other peoples situations. Show them that you can stand up for yourself. Only do this however, if the bullying is overt. so if they are saying horrible things to, directly then confront them. Do not confront them if it has been said behind your back, and the horrible information has not yet reached you. They will attack you and you will have no defense.

Apart from this, all i can say is ignore them. You don't need to concern yourself with the rambling of idiotic masses, that can only comprehend the life within a small group and as well as this, isolate and seclude one person they can not even understand.
    I want to kick the **** out of them but as you said not the most appropriate reaction.

I guess I could confront them. I am a logical person so that helps.
    The problem is most of it is behind my back. They don't have the balls to do it to my face.
    I will probably end up getting violent (I'm prone to outbursts at times).

Ignoring them hasn't worked. I've been ignoring them but nothing's changed. I do avoid them as much as possible but in lessons they keep coming to me.

Thanks for the response. Very helpful.

ReputationRep:
    Depends what type of bullies they are like, like teasing you type or the actually dangerous ones. I've never really been bullied but I remember earlier in school, people assumed because I was the small, somewhat geeky kid they could do little jokes on me. Like not just at me, but as if I was an easier target. Like in Engineering, one guy tried to pretend to strangle me (I reiterate it was a joke and they aren't that type of people, so the situation wasn't so bad) with this metal stick thing so I just pushed it and turned on them and I told them not to **** with me.

If they're like the jokester type bullies then they'll probably listen. The problem is if they're the actual serious type of bully, this probably will be a horrible idea.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be etremely quiet but then I trained myself to be outgoing - best decision of my life.

ReputationRep:
    I want to kick the **** out of them but as you said not the most appropriate reaction.

I guess I could confront them. I am a logical person so that helps.
    The problem is most of it is behind my back. They don't have the balls to do it to my face.
    I will probably end up getting violent (I'm prone to outbursts at times).

Ignoring them hasn't worked. I've been ignoring them but nothing's changed. I do avoid them as much as possible but in lessons they keep coming to me.

Thanks for the response. Very helpful.
    An outburst will make you seem like an complete nutter. Avoid that.

Is there anyone in your class that you can talk to, that also talks to the bullies? You could possibly get the bullies to realise how you feel by getting someone to hint that you are aware of the **** they say.

ReputationRep:
    You can be quite but it doesn't necessary mean weak. I know a few quiet people who are scary af.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

You've got to stand up for yourself at school / college / work or anywhere, or people will continue to target you if they think you're a pushover.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone.

on a lighter note maybe you should hire some bodyguards

ReputationRep:
    Destroy them with your grades and be cocky on results day haha only to them though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.