The Student Room Group

Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 1 06/06/16

Scroll to see replies

!!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by mollyadtr
Well done! An A too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done with the A, I remember you were panicking after the 40 marker and i said you'd be fine 😉 I got an A too
Original post by alevelpain
Well done with the A, I remember you were panicking after the 40 marker and i said you'd be fine 😉 I got an A too

I know I should have trusted you!😅 well done for the a! At least we don't have to resit these next year so we can just focus on the next units

Posted from TSR Mobile
I managed (somehow) to get an A in Politics. :smile:

Thank you to everybody who helped me revise and prepare for the exams! I can't express enough how much I appreciate the support given.
Original post by UKStudent17
I managed (somehow) to get an A in Politics. :smile:

Thank you to everybody who helped me revise and prepare for the exams! I can't express enough how much I appreciate the support given.

Well done!! You did good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done!! You did good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: How were your results overall, if I may ask?
Thank you :smile: How were your results overall, if I may ask?

Better than I expected to be honest! I got an a for sociology as as well as politics and then for the english language mock I got an a as well :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Better than I expected to be honest! I got an a for sociology as as well as politics and then for the english language mock I got an a as well :smile: how about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good! Well done :smile:

I did surprisingly okay, better than my mocks. I got 3 A's in English Literature, History and Gov & Pol, and a C in Geography. I'm relieved that I passed Geography, but I was really hoping for an A this year, or at least a B. Didn't work out, which is disappointing. But I've decided to drop English in favour of Geography, it's a gamble but Geography is something I might take onto university, English never was on my mind for university. I'll just have to work a lot harder to get a better grade, as well as working a lot harder in my other subjects too.

If it's possible, I might retake Geography AS and get something better.

Honestly thought I'd fail all my subjects except one, and I'd be dropped from my sixth form, but it's worked out differently. Just glad the waiting for results are over.
That's really good! Well done :smile:

I did surprisingly okay, better than my mocks. I got 3 A's in English Literature, History and Gov & Pol, and a C in Geography. I'm relieved that I passed Geography, but I was really hoping for an A this year, or at least a B. Didn't work out, which is disappointing. But I've decided to drop English in favour of Geography, it's a gamble but Geography is something I might take onto university, English never was on my mind for university. I'll just have to work a lot harder to get a better grade, as well as working a lot harder in my other subjects too.

If it's possible, I might retake Geography AS and get something better.

Honestly thought I'd fail all my subjects except one, and I'd be dropped from my sixth form, but it's worked out differently. Just glad the waiting for results are over.

Wow that is impressive! And I remember you saying you weren't 100% sure about your geography but hey it's good you passed, I find it hard to focus on 3 subjects let alone four so that's really you good you passed :smile:

And even if you don't continue the English it still looks good on your application form and if geography doesn't go as well as you hoped it would by the end of next year you'll still have a wide choice of subjects to go into uni which is good for you

Really well done man that's a good result for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow that is impressive! And I remember you saying you weren't 100% sure about your geography but hey it's good you passed, I find it hard to focus on 3 subjects let alone four so that's really you good you passed :smile:

And even if you don't continue the English it still looks good on your application form and if geography doesn't go as well as you hoped it would by the end of next year you'll still have a wide choice of subjects to go into uni which is good for you

Really well done man that's a good result for you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile: You did really well too! Now it's time to start thinking about what I want to do for a career. Still have no idea myself.
Thank you :smile: You did really well too! Now it's time to start thinking about what I want to do for a career. Still have no idea myself.

Ahhh who does? There's so much to choose from

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pato1
found this on twitter

which books was that from?

Original post by xxvine
Wow didn't you do the wrong question or something?

how did you do? i got 2 As.
Ahhh who does? There's so much to choose from

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true. I'm just worried now about carrying on in Year 13 and getting that done. Need to consider what uni's to go to (realistically), etc.

Have you got any universities in mind, out of interest? :smile:
Original post by Audrey18
which books was that from?

That book looks like Essentials of UK politics by Andrew Heywood.
Very true. I'm just worried now about carrying on in Year 13 and getting that done. Need to consider what uni's to go to (realistically), etc.

Have you got any universities in mind, out of interest? :smile:

Yeah I know I am too especially as it's only gonna get harder. Do you know when we have to start writing stuff for our ucas application? I still haven't been told about it all

And I've got 5 located in London (cause I don't see the point in staying away when I can just travel locally)... Queen Mary, Greenwich, university of east London, Kings college and goldsmiths. What about you any specific ones you have your eye on at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah I know I am too especially as it's only gonna get harder. Do you know when we have to start writing stuff for our ucas application? I still haven't been told about it all

And I've got 5 located in London (cause I don't see the point in staying away when I can just travel locally)... Queen Mary, Greenwich, university of east London, Kings college and goldsmiths. What about you any specific ones you have your eye on at the moment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've already started writing out my UCAS application on their website. I'm not sure when we submit it, probably around January or so, and for Oxbridge at an earlier date. My school put our year into UCAS groups where we filled them out and such, also worked on our personal statements a little bit. Mine's absolutely terrible, I'm the most boring person in the world, the killer paragraph is talking about extra-curricular activities. :s-smilie:

I have my eye on a lot of ones you listed, actually. My absolute dream university would be King's College. I went there for a taster course in War Studies and I really enjoyed it. I'm also interested in going to Goldsmith's too, not too sure about Queen Mary yet but it looks alright. Generally I'm aiming for a joint-honours in something, ideally involving History, maybe Politics. Not too sure yet.

Yeah, I don't really want to go outside of London. I live in West London, I'd rather avoid travelling outside the city or worse, have to pay for accommodation. I'm worried enough as it is about student debts. :frown:
I've already started writing out my UCAS
I'd rather avoid travelling outside the city or worse, have to pay for accommodation. I'm worried enough as it is about student debts. :frown:

Oh have you, I better get going on mine while I've got time 😩
I doubt you're a boring person! At least you don't seem boring :smile: I'm sure you'll find stuff to talk about, if you've received any rewards you can probably talk yourself up a bit and maybe if you've attendees revision sessions that are voluntary to go to?

Oh that's lucky you got to go to their taster day, I discovered them after their summer taster days so I wasn't able to go...war studies sounds like a great course though and kings college itself is meant to be a pretty high respected uni, queen Mary's is in the Russell group as well so it must be pretty good to some extent, I don't know much about goldsmiths yet though, and history is a great path to go down especially as a joint honours mixed with something else!

And yes I completely agree with you, you're lucky that you're practically surrounded by a hub of great unis all for your picking, and you'll save sooo much money! I agree student debts are worrying, but at least we don't have to pay them back until we earn over a certain amount so i guess we aren't bogged down by the cost so much but obviously more so than past generations
Sorry that was a bit long

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I don't really want to go outside of London. I live in West London, I'd rather avoid travelling outside the city or worse, have to pay for accommodation. I'm worried enough as it is about student debts. :frown:

Just a quick question, I'm on the registration page for ucas and it says if I'm applying through a college I'll have to use the buzzword but if I'm not applying through a college I apply as an individual...any idea as to which I apply as?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh have you, I better get going on mine while I've got time 😩
I doubt you're a boring person! At least you don't seem boring :smile: I'm sure you'll find stuff to talk about, if you've received any rewards you can probably talk yourself up a bit and maybe if you've attendees revision sessions that are voluntary to go to?

Oh that's lucky you got to go to their taster day, I discovered them after their summer taster days so I wasn't able to go...war studies sounds like a great course though and kings college itself is meant to be a pretty high respected uni, queen Mary's is in the Russell group as well so it must be pretty good to some extent, I don't know much about goldsmiths yet though, and history is a great path to go down especially as a joint honours mixed with something else!

And yes I completely agree with you, you're lucky that you're practically surrounded by a hub of great unis all for your picking, and you'll save sooo much money! I agree student debts are worrying, but at least we don't have to pay them back until we earn over a certain amount so i guess we aren't bogged down by the cost so much but obviously more so than past generations
Sorry that was a bit long

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, the war studies course seemed really interesting, and it'd be a nice combination to go with something like history. I consider myself pretty boring, a lot of the things I could talk about, my tutor said not to as she will include it in her own reference or something. I'd like to know more about Queen Mary University, I considered attending an open day but decided not to.

I agree about the student debts. At least we don't have to pay back straight away, I don't think you start paying them back anyway until you earn over £21,000 a year. (Correct me if I'm wrong)

Just a quick question, I'm on the registration page for ucas and it says if I'm applying through a college I'll have to use the buzzword but if I'm not applying through a college I apply as an individual...any idea as to which I apply as?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not too sure. :s-smilie: I think as I was applying at my school, we used a buzzword provided by them. Did your school mention anything about that sort of thing? Otherwise maybe consider applying as an individual, although I'm not sure how that process works. Maybe someone else here could help us out with that. Sorry I can't help too well on that :frown:

I'm not too sure. :s-smilie: I think as I was applying at my school, we used a buzzword provided by them. Did your school mention anything about that sort of thing? Otherwise maybe consider applying as an individual, although I'm not sure how that process works. Maybe someone else here could help us out with that. Sorry I can't help too well on that :frown:

What era of war studies is it you'd be learning? And also yes that is annoying that your teachers can write about it but you can't! I would be stumped with what to write especially with how difficult it can be alone to write about yourself

And oh queen Mary have an open day in October if you might be interested in going to see more about them, I've applied to go so if you decide to go I might see you there :smile:

Yeah that pricing does sound fairly accurate to me, so I guess it's not the end of the world!

And oh well shoot. I probably should just wait until the college give out the buzzword I don't want to mess up anything, but thank you anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending