Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I am hoping to start an Access course in September with a view to going on to university to study Education and Childhood Studies. I eventually want to be a primary school teacher.

Due to family commitments I have to attend my local college. The pathways they offer are;

- Science

- Social Science

- Healthcare

- Social Work

- Humanities

- Media

- Engineering, Science and Maths

The university I want to attend doesn't specify a pathway I will need, just the number of credits at each level.

Which pathway do you think would prepare me best for my course at university?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing an access course in education studies, maybe it's worth calling and asking if they do that course. If you get that you can go straight to do a primary education degree, someone on my course is doing that x

ReputationRep:
    I would email or phone the uni's Admissions Office and ask whether they have an Access preference for your preferred course, as it isn't obvious from the published details. If they genuinely have no preference, then just choose the Access course which interests you the most,as that's the most likely to get you good marks.

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently finishing off my access course and have just been offered a place for primary education by 3 different uni's I applied to. I chose access health as my chosen college didn't have another course that suited my evening availability. I never like science but I'm doing well. On the safe side I would ring the uni and a few others to see which access coursenl they accept

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.