Any questions about this accommodation?:
Is anyone else on the same floor/flat as me? Please reply

I'm on 2nd floor too, E block though :smile:
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by uniquestions18
Hi, I'm looking to book at Victoria Hall, so it's private but mostly has NTU students anyway, I'm just worried that because it's private it won't be full of freshers and I might not get the proper uni fresher experience, do you have any info on this.

im living there next year and ill be second year, when i booked there was no first years that had booked yet?
Original post by sheilamckillop
Which accommodation have you booked: Byron, (E2403)
Why did you pick this accommodation?: Gill Street South was my first choice, but it got booked up within minutes so decided Byron was the next best accommodation! I wanted an inner city experience and it's right above the SU so hopefully will be lively :smile:)
Any questions about this accommodation?: My lectures will be in Clifton, is it rare for Clifton students to live in the city and travel to lectures? I've lived in a small village outside of town all my life and I really wanted to be in the city for my uni experience haha. Also, I have heard that some people judge those who live in Byron halls to be 'snobby' because it is so expensive compared to other halls, is this true? :/

Hi sheilamckillop,

Don't worry, it is quite a popular thing to commute from city to Clifton campus! I would recommend getting yourself a travel pass though, as it makes the commute so much more cheaper! I'll send you the link below:

Travel Pass

No, not at all! There is a friendly 'rivalry' between halls but it is not malicious in anyway! For example, In Freshers Week there is Saturday Antics where the halls compete against each other in sports, that's the only rivalry I can think of!

I lived in Hampden in my first year (the cheapest halls on the city site) and I had many friends in Byron, I never judged them for what halls they lived in!

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have anymore questions! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Which accommodation have you booked: New Hall LE2307
Why did you pick this accommodation?: I like the fact its close to the student union and close to the lecture halls
Any questions about this accommodation?: Anyone else in the same block?
I booked Gill Street South, first floor, room J1404. Anyone else in the same area?
Which accommodation have you booked:
Byron! E2708 Why did you pick this accommodation?:
Close to everything, looks really nice and seems like itll be pretty sociable!Any questions about this accommodation?: what do the blocks mean? Do they mean like buildings or sections?

Anyone else in my block/flat?
Original post by Libbatsford
Byron! E2708 Why did you pick this accommodation?:
Close to everything, looks really nice and seems like itll be pretty sociable!Any questions about this accommodation?: what do the blocks mean? Do they mean like buildings or sections?

Anyone else in my block/flat?

Hi Libbatsford,

Blocks are like different sections of the building, your electronic key/fob will only let you into your own block to get to your flat :h:

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi guys!

So accommodation has officially opened for unconditional offer-holders, this will be open until Monday 7 March. The booking system will then re-open for all firm offer-holders on Wednesday 16 March. I hope everything goes ok for everyone while booking. If anyone does have any problems, or just wants some general accommodation advice, please don’t hesitate to ask!

Also because I love these little questionnaires, why not have a go at filling the one down below:

Why did you pick this accommodation?:
Any questions about this accommodation?:

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Thanks,

Ellen

What are the quickest transport links from the simpsons hall to the city site?
Original post by fhassan96
What are the quickest transport links from the simpsons hall to the city site?

Hi fhassan96,

I think the best transport links from Simpsons to the city site would be by bus (the Orange line 34, 35, 36 and 37). These will take about 10 minutes to get to the city site.

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
When do we receive confirmation emails about our accommodation rooms if we have booked and paid for it?
and when do we get accepted into Facebook groups for our accommodation?
Reply 50
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell T1172
Why did you pick this accommodation?: Cheaper than new hall and this block seemed quite full
Any questions about this accommodation?: What's the best way to find out who's in your flat?
I booked Simpsons room 2811 :smile: I really wanted to be in city site but there was nothing left. Anyone else in Simpsons?
Gill Street South, block I , second floor, flat 07 !
Why did you pick this accommodation?: it looked the nicest out of all of them and it is close to the city
Any questions about this accommodation?: is anyone else in my flat? Let me know love to see who il be living with x
New Hall Ryton Block
Why did you pick this accommodation?: It was really nice on the open day and close to everything like the shop , student union and lecture theatres
Any questions about this accommodation?: Anyone else staying at new hall? / In Ryton would like to see who im sharing a flat with :smile:
I booked into Simpsons accommodation in block 41 but I've just found that block 41 is 'suitable for post graduates and mature students' does this mean I'm more than likely not going to be sharing a flat with other freshers?

And is there any possibility of changing??
Anyone booked new hall Clifton campus ?
Original post by spiffyvixen
When do we receive confirmation emails about our accommodation rooms if we have booked and paid for it?
and when do we get accepted into Facebook groups for our accommodation?

Hi spiffyvixen,

I'm afraid you don't receive an email confirmation after you have booked your accommodation. Once you have finished booking online, you do have the option to print off a confirmation sheet. Alternatively, you can log back onto the accommodation page and double check all the details are correct.

I believe you should be accepted into the accommodation Facebook groups tomorrow, so not much longer to wait! :h:

I hope this helps and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by oliverbullot
I booked into Simpsons accommodation in block 41 but I've just found that block 41 is 'suitable for post graduates and mature students' does this mean I'm more than likely not going to be sharing a flat with other freshers?

And is there any possibility of changing??

Hi oliverbullot,

Unless you are a mature student (21+) the booking system won't actually let you book the mature flats, so please don't worry!

If you are really worried about it I would contact the accommodation team, and they should be able to provide you more information:

[email protected]

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 58
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell
Why did you pick this accommodation: It's cheap and also close to the campus my lectures will be at! :biggrin:
Any questions about this accommodation?: I was wondering if there was any way of knowing if you've booked a room in a same-sex flat as I'm not really comfortable staying with the opposite sex. The accommodation process didn't really let me choose any preference - I booked it online and just chose a random room. I've already paid the deposit so would it be impossible for me to change flats if it isn't same-sex? Thanks in advance! :^_^:
Original post by Jarco
Which accommodation have you booked: Peverell
Why did you pick this accommodation: It's cheap and also close to the campus my lectures will be at! :biggrin:
Any questions about this accommodation?: I was wondering if there was any way of knowing if you've booked a room in a same-sex flat as I'm not really comfortable staying with the opposite sex. The accommodation process didn't really let me choose any preference - I booked it online and just chose a random room. I've already paid the deposit so would it be impossible for me to change flats if it isn't same-sex? Thanks in advance! :^_^:

Hi Jarco,

I think the best people to contact about this would be the accommodation team. They will be able to tell you the male/female ratio in your flat and (if you would like to move to a same-sex flat) they will be able to help you with this. I'll leave their contact details below:

Email: [email protected]
Telephone: +44 (0) 115 848 2894

Thanks,

Ellen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending