This discussion is closed.
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RussianDude)
5)b) 0.991
c) 0.9473

anyone else got ^?
Both seem quite familiar but I couldn't say for definite (almost certain I got the same though)!!!
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by lgs98jonee)
how do u think the marks for the hypothesis test question are given? i.e for wot as 7 marks is a lot
Usually to works like....

-Correct hypothesis
-Correct interpretation of distribution
-Correct probability
-Correct n value
-Correct comparison with sig level
-Correct in rejecting / not rejecting H0
-Correct in interpreting result of rejecting / not rejecting
davedave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What's "correct n value" ? In binomial questions?
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by davedave)
What's "correct n value" ? In binomial questions?
It would be the bit where they have specified a value (e.g. number of cars broken down in a week is 1) and you would get the mark for using that number to find the correct probability.
AngelofnoColour
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Did you all put (c.c) during normal approximation?
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by BlueAngel)
Did you all put (c.c) during normal approximation?
(c.c) = Continuity Correction?!? :confused:
Greendaygirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Help! How many continuity corrections were there i cant believe i forgot to do it!
Adil Bhai
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
PHP Code:
Did you all put (c.cduring normal approximation
Yeah u had to i think but its prob only worth a mark. My main worry for the exam was the prob functions bit but it turned out to be ok. Just hope i don't lose any marks on the hypothesis tests. I know this is a weird question but how did u define a sampling frame - just a list of sampling units
Greendaygirl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Adil Bhai)
PHP Code:
Did you all put (c.cduring normal approximation
Yeah u had to i think but its prob only worth a mark. My main worry for the exam was the prob functions bit but it turned out to be ok. Just hope i don't lose any marks on the hypothesis tests. I know this is a weird question but how did u define a sampling frame - just a list of sampling units
I did.
sideshowbob
Report 14 years ago
Was the one with c.c. 0.1847
RussianDude
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
do "trials" mean the same as "events"? Cos for binomial conditions i said that there must be a fixed number of events, not trials
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by RussianDude)
do "trials" mean the same as "events"? Cos for binomial conditions i said that there must be a fixed number of events, not trials
Yeah they will accept that (I did the same in my mock and my teacher gave me the marks).
wonderboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
why does noone answer my question

I ask again:

I rejected H0 on the cars question last part...

I got x~B(28, 1/7)
I could see no other way to do it but to use
x~Po(4)
Look in the tables at critical value, and see that it was relevant when x<=3 therefore 1 is in the CR, therefore I rejected H0...

Where have I gone wrong here??
Proteus
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wonderboy)
Argh,

I rejected H0 on the cars question last part...

I got x~B(28, 1/7)
I could see no other way to do it but to use
x~Po(4)
Look in the tables at critical value, and see that it was relevant when x<=3 therefore 1 is in the CR, therefore I rejected H0...

Where have I gone wrong here??
For a significance level 5% test, you need the value for x<=1 to be less than 0.05. Glancing at the tables for Po(4), the value for x<=1 is 0.0916. This is greater than 0.05 so x=1 is not in the crit region.

I think you maybe compared with 0.5 instead of 0.05, sorry.

-Proteus
lgs98jonee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
how do u think the marks for the hypothesis test question are given? i.e for wot as 7 marks is a lot
has ne1 got any idea for whot u get marks in a hypothesis tesing q?? (i.e. number of marks for answer or stating hypotheses
wonderboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Proteus)
For a significance level 5% test, you need the value for x<=1 to be less than 0.05. Glancing at the tables for Po(4), the value for x<=1 is 0.0916. This is greater than 0.05 so x=1 is not in the crit region.

I think you maybe compared with 0.5 instead of 0.05, sorry.

-Proteus
lol... No I didn't, I used Po(4) to look at the number closeset to 5% which was 3, so figured everything <= to 3 has to be in the CR as in every practice paper and mark scheme!

edit: just checked Po(4) and it is not how I remember, I want to see what I wrote now ARGH

What method did everyone else use for this???

W.
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
has ne1 got any idea for whot u get marks in a hypothesis tesing q?? (i.e. number of marks for answer or stating hypotheses
Look upward by about 13 posts.
Greendaygirl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by wonderboy)
lol... No I didn't, I used Po(4) to look at the number closeset to 5% which was 3, so figured everything <= to 3 has to be in the CR as in every practice paper and mark scheme!

edit: just checked Po(4) and it is not how I remember, I want to see what I wrote now ARGH

What method did everyone else use for this???

W.

I used kinda your method but none of the hypothisis tests were in the critical region.
Greendaygirl
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Pls can anyone tell me how many continuity corrections there were on the paper? I totally forgot. I found all the hypothisis tests ok and Qu 7 was ok apart from finding the CDF. I need to get an A in the paper so i wanna know how many marks i would have lost forgeting to do it.
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Greendaygirl)
Pls can anyone tell me how many continuity corrections there were on the paper? I totally forgot. I found all the hypothisis tests ok and Qu 7 was ok apart from finding the CDF. I need to get an A in the paper so i wanna know how many marks i would have lost forgeting to do it.
You only HAD to use the continuity correction once but if you decided to use the normal instead of the poisson for an earlier question then you should have done it twice.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1524)
79.25%
Leave (399)
20.75%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed