Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Comment what you think the changes will means and how it will affect everyone!

ReputationRep:
    New changes, wut?

ReputationRep:
    Won't affect me I am a current year 11 sitting the old exams.

ReputationRep:
    I also won't be affected, however I have family and friends that will be. I think it will be much much harder to get the top grades (9?), this will be for the extremely smart people. We tried one of the new maths exams in class, and we struggled on some of it as a top set all predicted As and A*s.

Glad it's not me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamLopezF)
    Comment what you think the changes will means and how it will affect everyone!
    Unlikely to affect anyone. Regardless of what teachers may say; once you've been working in a full time job for a couple of years no-once cares about exam results anymore.

ReputationRep:
    They are a terrible idea. People learn in different ways, some are good over long periods of time is coursework and others perform best when put under pressure. Both skills are extremely valuable and by effectively getting rid of coursework lots of kids will fail simply because they were designed to learn in a different way. Furthermore, coursework is far more like a real job as you will be given projects where youhave to meet deadline and collaborate. You won't be stuck in a room all alone in silence trying to figure it out.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.