Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So the Christmas holidays are well and truly over, and winter is soon to follow, and as the blossom begin to appear on the trees, and the flowers begin to peek from beneath the ground, dreams of summer holidays, no homework, and the end of the academic year begin to creep into many minds. But before we get to those lazy, luxurious days, we must first overcome the final hurdle.

You guessed it: It's fast approaching exam time.

Studying Fine Art, Music, and Psychology A-levels, I hope to use this blog as a touchstone and a grounding tool for when thoughts of summer become unceasingly invasive on my academic mind-set. My aims are as follows:

Music: C
    Psychology: B
    Fine Art: A*

Over the course of the next few months, I will be uploading (or posting links to) revision and study tips, techniques, and tools that I have stumbled upon, or invented myself. If you feel they would be of help to you, do feel free to check them out - they're there to be used!

Many blessings - I hope that this blog is of use to you, and may you have good luck for your own academic adventures! Xxx

ReputationRep:
    22/02/16: Help for Handling Life..

There is no question that facing exams is daunting, and often a weight on one's conscious. I myself am, obviously, no exception to this. That is why I want to break each blog entry into two sections: the first being exam help in general - tips for survival, handling stress, and preventing procrastination. If any questions are asked, this is where I will answer them.

The second section I will refine to the subjects I am studying (psychology, music, art). Though these may not be the exact subjects You are studying, It may well be worth reading, as I will be referring to techniques such as structuring essays, condensing your knowledge to cut out unnecessary 'waffle', and also breaking coursework and ongoing projects into manageable, organised chunks.

So without further ado, I'm going to give it a go!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.