Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I applied in early December and have received offers from two other universities but I'm still waiting to hear from Dundee and Stirling. Does anyone know when they are likely to get back to me?

ReputationRep:
    I got a reply from Dundee University a few days ago.

ReputationRep:
    I applied way back in September and Stirling and Dundee are the only ones that I haven't heard from. I just hope now that march is coming up they'll hurry up with their offers!

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

In my e-mail from Stirling they've said "during March". However, at a recent interview for Edinburgh, a lot of people said they had already heard from Stirling and been declined. No news is good news though, as they say.

As for Dundee, I didn't apply to them so I'm sorry I can't help.

ReputationRep:
    What have you applied for? I know dundee have started their nursing interviews already but there's still loads who haven't heard yet.

ReputationRep:
    Had my interview for Dundee last week, but I know they were doing interviews the week before that and I think they're still doing them now... if it makes you feel any better I only got a weeks notice for mine so they're definitely still inviting people after the interview process started! I'm sticking with no news is good news because I've only heard from 2/5 and it's March already :P

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional from stirling last monday for social work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As far as I can make out, Stirling have only just started giving out their offers; I received an unconditional from them at the beginning of last week.
    I received an unconditional from Dundee back in December, about a week after I applied.

ReputationRep:
    Cool where you thinking of going and for whst course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Des18shiels)
    Cool where you thinking of going and for whst course ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. It's law I've applied for & it's between Edinburgh or Aberdeen for me. I've got an unconditional for Aberdeen but am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh...really wish they'd hurry up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    Thanks. It's law I've applied for & it's between Edinburgh or Aberdeen for me. I've got an unconditional for Aberdeen but am still waiting to hear from Edinburgh...really wish they'd hurry up!
    Hopefully you will hear soon 😊

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard from all of your choices? I just want the whole thing to be all wrapped up now!

ReputationRep:
    I heard a decline from uws and edinburgh but when i got an unconditional for stirling i accepted it straight away because it was my first choice and withrew the others

ReputationRep:
    That is very efficient of you! Congratulations on getting your first choice. Stirling has such a lovely campus,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MsTabitha)
    That is very efficient of you! Congratulations on getting your first choice. Stirling has such a lovely campus,
    Aww thanks i cant wait to go

ReputationRep:
    I accepted a conditional from Dundee in December and they haven't emailed me about anything since one in November saying congrats on your offer
    It sucks because I can't apply for accommodation until they send me the email about it :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drew48)
    I accepted a conditional from Dundee in December and they haven't emailed me about anything since one in November saying congrats on your offer
    It sucks because I can't apply for accommodation until they send me the email about it :/
    Hi, I have also applied to Dundee but only heard back this week and I am currently deciding between Stiring and Dundee. Dundee invited me (and the other applicants I know) to sign up for an email/IT account at the Uni which they use to communicate - did you got this invite?

Also, my understanding is that as long as your status on UCAS is that you intend to live on campus then you should be OK in terms of accomodation? Mine says 'live at home' as I live in Dundee already?

'Hope this helps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STICKY CAT)
    Hi, I have also applied to Dundee but only heard back this week and I am currently deciding between Stiring and Dundee. Dundee invited me (and the other applicants I know) to sign up for an email/IT account at the Uni which they use to communicate - did you got this invite?

Also, my understanding is that as long as your status on UCAS is that you intend to live on campus then you should be OK in terms of accomodation? Mine says 'live at home' as I live in Dundee already?

'Hope this helps

I have an email account yeah, but that's also empty apart from a couple of unidays emails from signing up for that :/
    On my UCAS is says I'll not be living at home and I need more information on accommodation, I live near Sheffield so Dundee is a bit of a trek, but I can only assume I just haven't been receiving their messages if they've emailed me

I contacted admissions using the enquiry bit on the website but I'm literally the most impatient person on the planet and it says it'll be up to seven days for a reply, so I'll just be sat over hear silently screaming into the void for a week waiting to hear back 😂

Thanks for the help though! What course are you looking to do at Stirling/Dundee?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't heard from Dundee yet, but I recieved an offer from Stirling two weeks ago. I've applied to History so I don't know if the history department is just a bit slow or if it may be because I'm an international student.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for Dundee to reply 😩 they are really taking their time, hope to hear from them soon 🙏🏼

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.