Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How to prepare yourself for a break up? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my girlfriend for about 4/5 months now and things just aren't working out. I get jealous very easy and she never understands and always kicks off at me. We spend most our days either being off with each other or arguing. Don't get me wrong there's times I absolutely love being with her and there's nothing better but she seems to still want best of both worlds.

Like she wants to be able to speaks to other boys and do whatever she wants and I'm not down for that. If you want to speak to other boys than just be single? Surely that's right? She's always threatens to end the relationship and it's always me trying to work it out and solve our problems but it's getting to the point were I'm fed up myself. I can't be bothered being with someone who still wishes a part of them was single and can do whatever they want. So I want to prepare myself for a break up.

I know I can't do it now because I still care too much but what can I do to just make it easier for me to break up with her? Do I distance myself? Not speak to her much? Like what do I do? I know break ups are horrible no matter what but I just want to get it in my head that this girl isn't right for me. I really don't want to end things ATM and tha's what's holding me back. But it can't continue like this? She will never change and it's just going to be like this all the time. What do I do?

ReputationRep:
    Write down a list of pros & cons about her and the relationship. From what you've said you'll find some major red flags, and you'll realize that her "pros" aren't that good and you can find them in someone who actually understands loyalty

ReputationRep:
    Threatens to end relationship - Toxic behaviour

Saying that just talking to other boys isn't a abnormal things, do you only talk to her and males?

Don't ghost her, tell her to her face in a civil manner, explain why and answer questions if appropriate, don't shout or be angry, did your heels in though, don't let yourself be swayed - say farewell and wish them the best - then don't talk to her. Let everyone settle down and keep yourself busy, don't ***** or spread rumours and the pain will decrease over time.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.