Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm thinking of studying and living at the University of Essex and was just wondering what accommodation choice would be best Towers or The Meadows? My main reason for wanting to stay in The Meadows is due to the ensuite facilities however from reading past reviews I am wondering if it will be too quiet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chlostannard)
    Hi, I'm thinking of studying and living at the University of Essex and was just wondering what accommodation choice would be best Towers or The Meadows? My main reason for wanting to stay in The Meadows is due to the ensuite facilities however from reading past reviews I am wondering if it will be too quiet?
    Hi, I'm currently a 2nd year student at the University of Essex at the University of Essex. In my first year, I lived in the Towers and I loved it! You meet so many people really quickly and there's a great social atmosphere there. From my friends experiences of the Meadows, it is similar in terms of how many people you share a kitchen with but it is loads more expensive. If your worried about sharing bathroom facilities then I would say that that probably won't be an issue. You never have to wait for the facilities as everybody uses them at different times. This is because people have different schedules at University, e.g. not everyone is going to have 9 am lectures everyday. Also, they are cleaned by University cleaning staff twice a week so they should always be in a decent condition when you use them.

If you want a further insight then check out the IAM ESSEX blog. I'm a contributor to the blog and I've actually written a guide to choosing University accomodation.

https://iamessex.wordpress.com/categ...accommodation/

If you have any other questions about accomodation or about the University in general, then please don't hesitate to ask! I would be more than happy to help ^Perry

ReputationRep:
    If you wanted a place that has great social potential and many people to meet immediately after moving in i'd go south towers, meadows is also much much more expensive weekly and is quite a walk from campus (quays is significantly worse). For me if i had the choice again i would pick towers purely based on price you save hundreds a year in comparison to south courts or meadows

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I currently live in the Meadows Townhouses. I live in a house of 12 people and for me it is the perfect accommodation. The house has four floors with the ground floor being made up of a kitchen and a living area. This has been perfect for me as we also have sofas, so whether we are having pre-drinks or a movie night it has been incredibly sociable! On the three remaining floors there are four bedrooms and two bathrooms per floor which are quiet. This is the perfect compromise for me because I live being sociable but also like to have my own space and be quiet when I want to be. The Meadows are set in beautiful surroundings and are close to Tesco which is ideal as you don't have to walk up the hills back to campus with all your shopping. The Meadows is around a 10 minute walk to campus but I actually like it as it allows me to wake up on the walk! Meadows also have double beds which is a massive selling point for me! While it is more expensive, for me it has been perfect and I would not change a thing about my accommodation choice.

Good luck in your exams and hopefully see you at Essex next year!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.