Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Falling for someone at an applicant day watch

I went to an applicant day a few days ago and got talking to someone afterwards whilst I was in McDonald's. They had the freebies as well so I guessed they'd been and just started a conversation. We talked for ages and went to the station together before heading home and then I sort of asked for his snapchat and he gave it. I'm a guy and had no clue about his sexuality but just went with it anyway because it felt 'right'. I'm not a confident person so my friends are all amazed at the fact I managed to talk to a complete randomer and get his snapchat, but we just clicked.

Anyway, when we were both home we snapped for 4 or 5 hours and just got to know each other more. It was a little soppy in places like 'I'm glad McDonald's brought us together' but we genuinely had so much in common. We also both discussed our sexualities and stuff like that, and damn we'd just met each other?

I'm not sure how to move forward from here. We like a fair bit away from each other and surely it's ridiculously weird to meet someone at an applicant day in McDonald's and then talk for hours? I guess I sort of like him a bit but I don't want to look ridiculous and I'm not sure on how to move forward or even whether I should be chatting to him. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I went to an applicant day a few days ago and got talking to someone afterwards whilst I was in McDonald's. They had the freebies as well so I guessed they'd been and just started a conversation. We talked for ages and went to the station together before heading home and then I sort of asked for his snapchat and he gave it. I'm a guy and had no clue about his sexuality but just went with it anyway because it felt 'right'. I'm not a confident person so my friends are all amazed at the fact I managed to talk to a complete randomer and get his snapchat, but we just clicked.

Anyway, when we were both home we snapped for 4 or 5 hours and just got to know each other more. It was a little soppy in places like 'I'm glad McDonald's brought us together' but we genuinely had so much in common. We also both discussed our sexualities and stuff like that, and damn we'd just met each other?

I'm not sure how to move forward from here. We like a fair bit away from each other and surely it's ridiculously weird to meet someone at an applicant day in McDonald's and then talk for hours? I guess I sort of like him a bit but I don't want to look ridiculous and I'm not sure on how to move forward or even whether I should be chatting to him. Any advice?
    I'd say continue talking to him kind of on a friend basis, get to know him a little better but try not to get too attached; after all it is an applicant day and you might not end up there together. However if you did that would be a pretty cool story to tell people! Just take it easy, see how things go, if the chemistry is there then suggest a bit more step by step.

ReputationRep:

2 guys?
    friends right??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helpme.)
    2 guys?
    friends right??
    Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    Society has become so fake that the truth actually bothers people.
    are u anon?
    im not saying its bad to swing that way jus wondering
    keep swinging lol

are u anon?
    keep swinging lol
    Currently yeah but we're both into guys and there's something there

ReputationRep:
    what uni?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I dunno why this matters I'm just curious

ReputationRep:
    Currently yeah but we're both into guys and there's something there
    2 guys?
    friends right??
    Be like Ron Weasley!

https://gyazo.com/657882200b652572b5b8d438530bf89b[img]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxKingSniprxX)
    Be like Ron Weasley!

https://gyazo.com/657882200b652572b5b8d438530bf89b[img]
    ahah loool
    i dont swing that way brooo

ReputationRep:
    are u anon?
    keep swinging lol
    No; I am not 'anon'. What do you mean?

(Original post by picklescamp)
    what uni?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I dunno why this matters I'm just curious
    Sheffield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    No; I am not 'anon'. What do you mean?
    why did u quote me my dp?
    im confused lol

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.