Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    how did everyone find it? i found it way harder than the past papers - yet again!! so far all three exams i've done have been harder than past years: P3, Bio mod5 and now M2 - grrr! i think the examiners may have something against our year.

i have now resigned myself to complete failure. gah.

ReputationRep:
    I found it ok, but nothing more than that because i stupidly didnt judge my time and had about 20 minutes for the back page, which was tough, but i hope perhaps i scraped a B, but only ums matters to me ill need about 75 so i hope you all did bad :/ sorry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YorkshirePhoeni)
    I found it ok, but nothing more than that because i stupidly didnt judge my time and had about 20 minutes for the back page, which was tough, but i hope perhaps i scraped a B, but only ums matters to me ill need about 75 so i hope you all did bad :/ sorry!
    I thought the exam was fair enough, easily enough to misinterpret the style of question, especially with the power and collision question, though i think i did it right (touch wood...)

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was slightly harder than most of the past papers, does any1 know what raw marks are needed in m2 to get 80/70ums?

ReputationRep:
    has anyone seen a collision question that uses KE rather than co.eff. of restitution before, i sure havent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fat_joe)
    i thought it was slightly harder than most of the past papers, does any1 know what raw marks are needed in m2 to get 80/70ums?
    it depends how everyone else does on the paper.

ReputationRep:
    I found it hard! There was those really hard 6 & 8 mark questions which I had no idea on :mad: (hopefully i'll get some method marks)
    Does any1 remember the answers they put down?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jharris)
    I found it hard! There was those really hard 6 & 8 mark questions which I had no idea on :mad: (hopefully i'll get some method marks)
    Does any1 remember the answers they put down?
    the momentum question was quite obscure - i got answers out though but no idea if theyre right! did anyone else end up with a quadratic for the speed of one of the spheres? i solved it to give an answer which resulted in one of the spheres being stopped by the collision, which didnt happen so i circled the other one (if you see what i mean..). the only answer i remember getting was the impulse one - i got 1.1 something..well it had 1's in it!!

ReputationRep:
    I did fine in the 1st 4.. i hope.. but the back page has screwed me ova, if god's on my side i mite have fluked the collisions one, but i doubt it, aside from that i didnt have time to answer about 10 of the marks, but hopefully got method marks for some of the others, so im expectin 40 -/+ 5 marks. No idea what that will be in ums it changes every year, but i hope its high heh

ReputationRep:
    I answered questions 2 and 3 and various bits of others but i doubt i answered 50% of the marks, never mind what was correct! I hate it when people say "i bet you'll be pleasantly surprised when the results come out" when i know i won't be cos it's not possible for me to have gained enough marks. I really hope my other modules can pull my overall mark up but i doubt it as p3 wasn't particularly nice. I'm really unhappy now and that was my last exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barrett)
    has anyone seen a collision question that uses KE rather than co.eff. of restitution before, i sure havent?

No, it's probs that reason i got my coeff. rest as -3/2 I hope i got a B in that, i need over 50% on that to get a B bloody well hope i did, i have to get to uni this year otherwise bye bye RAF scholarship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YorkshirePhoeni)
    I did fine in the 1st 4.. i hope.. but the back page has screwed me ova, if god's on my side i mite have fluked the collisions one, but i doubt it, aside from that i didnt have time to answer about 10 of the marks, but hopefully got method marks for some of the others, so im expectin 40 -/+ 5 marks. No idea what that will be in ums it changes every year, but i hope its high heh

Yeh i know how you feel about that back page. I didn't get the power one (6 parts i and ii) but i did get the last part, i think, i hope! 5 i screwed up, and i couldn't get the last part of 4. 7 was easy, but just as i was finishing the last part i got told to stop. B******s!!! I thought our exam started at 2, so when i found out, nooooooo it actually starts at 1, bomb it in the car to school, and in 5 mins late, which i didn't think was too bad going.

ReputationRep:
    OK here are some of my answers today that i remember. Wot does everyone else think. By the way im not saying these are correct!

1)
    tension around 1
    omega= 2.4 i think

2) impluse 1.11Ns

3) 5.5 for y and 15degree for angle

4)resultant force 42 ish
    Friction could have been bout 14
    mass at b bout 13kg

5) guessed simultaneous equations and got 1 and 4 for the speeds
    e=.5

6)the first two were show thats then i got a distance of 535m with lots of guessing

7) angle was bout 44 degrees max height 51.9

ReputationRep:
    for the very last part of the last question (projectiles) did you get the speed to be about 48m/s and the angle to be about 40 degree below the horizontal?

ReputationRep:
    The 1's i can remember or answered!

1. Tension 1.04
    Omega bout 2.4

2. Impulse around 6

3. Y 5.5, Angle yeh round 10/15 cnt rly rememba

4. Cant remember 1st 2 but got mass to be 5, not sure how lol

5. i got speeds 2/3 and 3/1/3 i think.. e to be bout 0.44

Didnt do much afta that :P Ran outta time!

ReputationRep:
    2) impluse 1.11Ns - i definitely got this!!

7) angle was bout 44 degrees max height 51.9 - think i got this aswell - cant remember any of the others at all!

ReputationRep:
    Here's what I got... (wrote my answers on question paper so I could compare)

1i) 1.04 *
    ii) 2.64 *

2) 1.11 *

3)i) 1.75 *
    ii) 5.5 *
    iii) 13 #

4i) 63.1 *
    ii) 16.3 *
    iii) 5 #

5i) 0, 3 #
    ii) 0.5 *

6i) 10.8 *
    ii) 500 *
    iii) 315 #

7i) 51.9 *
    ii) 5.59 *
    iii) 45.7m/s @ 44.2 degrees to the horizontal

* = Fairly confident I was right
    nothing = might be right, don't know
    # = fairly definately wrong

ReputationRep:
    yeha that was the hardest M" ever. normalyl i finish with 1/2 hour to spae but this one was like omg. it didn't even start off with some esay ones. i started with a 5 marker. but as soon as i realised there were only 7 qestions instead of the usual 8 i knew it was gonna be hard. messed up most questions but should get method marks. hopfully 30/60. its ok cos i was prepared on one exam cos i did really well in the others. only needed a D in that one. and hte structre was realy poor. giving an 8 mark question befroe a 2 mark one so u couldn't even get the easy marks

Mod Expression - Language
    Mod Expression - Language

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 24, 2004
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.