Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I have an offer for International Business from the University of Warwick, as well as an offer for Combined Honours in Social Sciences from Durham. Both unconditional.

If I firm durham, I would split my 6 modules between Economics, Business, and Geography. I love human geography. I really like both Unis, but I think Durham is less claustrophobic, and the university has a better name.

However, the Durham Business School has a worse name. So i'm wondering if I will be limiting my career prospects if I turn down Warwick and decide to go to Durham. Also, i'm not sure if I will be doing a masters degree...how would doing combined honours at Durham affect my chance of doing a masters in business at a top business school (assuming I do well in uni)?

Thank you for any help, this is an extremely tough decision ):

No, you won't be limiting your career prospects by going to a top university in the UK, which after the States is commonly considered to have the best universities in the world.

Oxbridge/Imperial are the only ones in a class apart all other top unis are on about the same level. Therefore, go to the university where you will be happiest.

Employers look at you as a person not as a bit of paper. Go to the uni that will develop you as a person best. Visit them. Speak to people. Find out where you will settle in and make friends.

You've created at least 10 threads on this exact same topic across the forums. The first trait I would look for in an employee as a business employer is someone that can make cool, calm, collected decisions based on the information available at the time without panic. I would work on this trait first to make yourself employable, far beyond any differences in university.

Best of luck in your decision,

What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.