Bigjakw
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello,
I have few questions regarding my case. I am a EU citizen (not UK resident in the past 3y) and I have recently been accepted by an English University for a LLM in the AY 2016/17. I was considering applying for a postgraduate Loan in order to pay the tuition fees. here is what troubles me:

1) Will I be able to obtain a postgraduate loan for a LLM master degree? Meaning: does the new postgraduate financing scheme cover LLM among the postgraduate programs?

2) If a LLM cannot be financed with the new postgraduate loan scheme, is there any other option I am left with? To be precise: are the loans for EU citizens ( http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ts-new-2016-17 ) also available for LLMs?

3) If a LLM can be financed through the new postgraduate loan, does already having obtained a master degree in a non-EU country represent an issue?

4) If entitled to apply, when will it be possible to start the procedure? My Master starts in Aug/Sept 2016.

thanks in advance for your time

Bigjakw
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Bigjakw

The funding for postgraduate students has not been fully confirmed yet.
Please keep checking here and the Gov.uk website for updates on this.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
21.84%
Excited but a bit nervous (132)
45.05%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.29%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.82%

Watched Threads