Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well how did you guys find it? Me personally found it nice and easy, however I was quite suprised at how long it took me, once I had finished the paper, I only had five minutes left.

The only questions I found tricky where those one mark ones, where they asked you whether you could find the s.d and mean from the ones they gave you. Apart from that, it just took ages, I'm glad that there where no wordy questions.

Anyway, I'd be dissapointed with anything less than 90%.

ReputationRep:
    oops, didn't realise I had posted in the wrong sub forum, can a mod kindly move it.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't think it was 2 bad. Got a bit stuck with the random number thing. On the question where is started out as a poission then it asked for 2 approximations i didnt realise that it had changed to a binomial for the second one. figured it out as i walked out the exam room lol arghh.

What did u get for the one where u had to give the mean in terms of the s.d?

i got mean = 2x s.d although i think it should have been 2s.dsquared.....or somethign completly different

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeh I think it went pretty well, and it was quite a slow paper, I finished it with about 5 mins left too.

I thought the dodgy question for me was q. 4, and the question 7 one about why it wouldn't be suitable for the a normal distribution. also P(X<mu) = 0.5, I only realised the right answer on the way home, that mu - mu = 0 therefore you don't have any values for the mean or standard deviation involved...

I'm having trouble remembering the paper now though, lol. They should give you a copy when you leave the exam...

/me prays for 90% + to balance out P3...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Riz*)
    I didn't think it was 2 bad. Got a bit stuck with the random number thing. On the question where is started out as a poission then it asked for 2 approximations i didnt realise that it had changed to a binomial for the second one. figured it out as i walked out the exam room lol arghh.

What did u get for the one where u had to give the mean in terms of the s.d?

i got mean = 2x s.d although i think it should have been 2s.dsquared.....or somethign completly different
    I got the mean as 2 times s.d.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.